Since getting a Blackberry, I have been experiencing problems with just some of my Credit/Debit cards. The Chip n Pin is just not recognised in ant ATM machine or even retail shop machines. I keep the phone in its holster at all times when not being used, I keep all my cards in a leather wallet, however I do place them together in a small fruit bowl at night. I am just wandering if the magnet in the Blackberry holster is causing this, as I have had several card replacements over the the last few weeks. All cards work for a couple of days, then go dead. Is there anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks Wayne
    03-31-10 07:17 AM
    My holster and wallet are frequently in close proximity on my table. I haven't had any problems with debit cards getting info scrambled.
    03-31-10 07:29 AM
    no problems here either. my phone is most of the time always within a foot of my wallet in its holster
    03-31-10 07:32 AM
    i personally don't have this problem. I have one card tied to my account, everything else.... cash in hand.... pay it once / pay it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 07:34 AM
    My Seido holster and "wallet" is piles together on my nightstand at night. My "wallet" is nothing more than all of my cards stacked together and wrapped up in a snazzy rubber band. Never any problems.

03-31-10 08:01 AM
    That's an urban myth. I once saw on "Mythbusters" TV show where they tried to screw up magnetic cards. If I remember right the cards were unaffected by all small, normal magnets.
    03-31-10 08:36 AM
    That's an urban myth. I once saw on "Mythbusters" TV show where they tried to screw up magnetic cards. If I remember right the cards were unaffected by all small, normal magnets.
    Heh. That's interesting because on RIM's leather wallet case, there's a warning label against putting magnetic cards in it because of the sleeper magnet.

03-31-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD