I've tried searching all around and I can't find a straight answer.

I've experimented with Gmail, AIM, and Yahoo. Yahoo is the only account that will mark messages read on my BB after I read them on the webmail interface. It's almost instant as well. Is Yahoo the only service that this works this way?

I know if I read messages from Gmail and AIM on my BB it will mark them read online, but not vice versa.

What I'm really looking for is a service that will give me 2-way sync and IMAP. Yahoo would be perfect if they offered an IMAP connection.

Thanks!
    04-30-09 09:38 AM
    RIM BIS 2 way sync

The BlackBerry Internet Service supports full two-way email reconciliation of deletions, both from a BlackBerry smartphone to the mailbox, and from the mailbox to a BlackBerry smartphone.

The reconciliation of Read and Unread statuses of email messages is one-way only, from a BlackBerry smartphone to the messaging server. For most integrated email accounts, it is not possible to reconcile Read and Unread statuses of email messages from the messaging server to a BlackBerry smartphone.

However, full two-way reconciliation of Read and Unread statuses is supported for Yahoo! Mail integrated email accounts. It is necessary to correctly configure the BlackBerry smartphone and the integrated email account to turn on the full two-way reconciliation. For more information, see KB13509.
    04-30-09 09:41 AM
    Thank you! I've been searching all over for that answer. So Yahoo is it.
    04-30-09 09:44 AM
    I believe the Google's GMail app also syncs, but not through BIS.
    04-30-09 09:45 AM
    What about Blackberry Desktop Redirector? Is that two-way? I run a server at home and have access to an Exchange server.
    04-30-09 09:48 AM
    jglemza -

For syncing with Exhange Blackberry has a scaled down version of their Enterprise Server called Professional Software Express. It is free for one user and additional CALs can be purchased if necessary to add up to 30 users. I am new to BB and just set the software up this week. It takes some doing to get it setup, but my Storm is syncing with my Exchange just great now.

I can't post a link because I am new, but do a Google search for blackberry professional express and it should be the first link.
    05-01-09 08:52 AM
    What about generic IMAP accounts, such as a school e-mail account? Will one of these do proper two-way syncing? It's quite annoying to have to delete messages on the phone I already read on a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 01:25 PM
    I believe the Google's GMail app also syncs, but not through BIS.
    It won't mark it as read, it will delete the email if you tell it to. If you delete from your Gmail account you still have to delete from your blackberry.
    05-13-09 02:01 PM
    I don't think so hookbill

The gmail app will sync read and deleted emails in both directions.. But its not native and has other downsides

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD