11-11-09 07:21 PM
35 12
tools
    my yahoo messenger was working fine when I logged in, when i try to sign out I keep getting a message that says "did not receive response from IM server. Select wait to continue waiting or sign out" I try to sign out and I get the same message again? any ideas? was working fine a earlier
    09-13-09 02:07 PM
  2. T
    I wish I could help here, because I understand how this can be a problem. My IM programs are my lifeline both on my Bb and my computer. I will say this: a while back I had a problem with AIM on my Bb, where I couln't sign in. I waited days thinking the problem was at AIM and expecting the problem to fix itself. Didn't happen. I uninstalled and re-installed AIM (took only a few minutes), and it worked perfectly again. I guess something got corrupted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:52 PM
    i use yahoo everyday to chat with my wife
    try to dl a newer version
    BlackBerry - Yahoo Messenger
    09-14-09 10:34 PM
    Moving to Native Apps
    09-14-09 11:22 PM
    have been having Yahoo connect issues with my BB all morning... connection via PC is not a problem.

Using Yahoo Messenger BB v2.5.27 on BB 8900 Curve (OS 4.6.xx)

Anyone else having Yahoo IM connection issues ?
    10-24-09 11:56 AM
  6. T
    Yes, I couldn't connect to yahoo either, but now it's connecrted.

10-24-09 04:03 PM
    Same thing earlier for me, now it works fine.

10-24-09 04:06 PM
    i think it was an outage, my yahoo has been down all day and just started working again a couple hours ago
    10-24-09 04:38 PM
    This was an issue here in Indonesia...must be related to the RIM server maintenance performed recently...this is not a problem now as loggin in is fine...

10-25-09 03:44 AM
    Forgot to mention that linking to ? contacts is a problem everytime you add a contact in YM...once ur friend accepts you, the contact will disappear from your YM list...only after signing out will your new YM contact re-appear...However, all your other contacts will have to be re-linked to ? contact list...no similar issues with other chat apps...YM version in question is 2.5.27

10-25-09 03:49 AM
    i have been experiencing problems with yahoo messenger ver 2.5.27. i want to know if i can get the previous version and also when i sign in it will log right off and if and when i do get to sign in i can only stay invisible. any ideas or fixes? i have deleted and reinstalled the app a few times and still get the same result. thank
    10-28-09 12:38 PM
    Having the same Yahoo problem on my VZW Tour today. Must be some global issue still.
    10-29-09 09:54 AM
    Another (likely related) problem I am having, is if I can get logged in, and then go to sign out, when I try to log back in, the "remembered" password looks truncated by 2 characters. Weird.

Interestingly, and this may be coincidental if they are having problems, but my problems only started happening this morning for me after loading the BB App World Update.
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-29-09 at 10:22 AM.
    10-29-09 10:13 AM
    Is everyone with problems getting the "invalid Yahoo! ID or password" message? That's all I get anymore.
    10-29-09 02:25 PM
    OK Update, I haven't been able to log into yahoo messenger since I installed app world yesterday, I checked my email for when I sent the download link. I just uninstalled yahoo, uninstalled app world, did a ##000000 reset, and installed yahoo again from the blackberry website
    BlackBerry - Yahoo Messenger

It works fine now. RIM's stupid app world is the culprit.
    10-29-09 02:50 PM
    Is everyone with problems getting the "invalid Yahoo! ID or password" message? That's all I get anymore.
    I do too.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Hopefully the issue gets resolve.
    10-29-09 02:57 PM
    Me too and I just installed app world this morning. Going to try the uninstall now.

10-29-09 03:02 PM
    Nope didn't work for me still the same "invalid username error". I can log into my mail so I know it isn't a name/password issue.

10-29-09 03:17 PM
    I'm going to try the getting rid of BB App World and uninstalling then reinstalling YIM, because I'm right along with you guys i keep getting the Invaild Username/password message also.
    10-29-09 04:23 PM
    i dont have the bb app world. its a yahoo thing. i started having issues with it about 2 weeks ago. thought it might have just been something to do with the version i had so i updated yim and now all i get is that invalid user id or password and failed to execute last action (100)
    10-29-09 08:22 PM
    I'm logged back on Yahoo Messenger.
    10-29-09 10:51 PM
    Mine keeps signing out then when i go to sign in it keep sayin invalid password/username until the third try after i check and uncheck sign in automatically several times
    10-29-09 11:04 PM
    I have the same problem too. But the weird is, it only happened to 1 of the 2 Yahoo id. The other is going fine.

I've read you can sign in with the id you've problem with, as long you mark the "sign in as invible to everyone" option when you sign in. I've tried and it worked, but your friends profile pictures is gone with this mode.
    10-30-09 07:30 AM
    I was thinking it was just me! Problem started day before yesterday, and I've wiped my berry 3 times with no success in getting it to work. I did notice after I removed Google Sync I didn't have to delete/reinstall yahoo to log in. I even deleted all apps, moved the PIN folder before I started, and even after reinstalling yahoo I'm still can't log in normally. Error log keeps saying "key nego" when it fails to log in, but after everything I've tried I'm stumped.
    Maybe it's a yahoo fail and it's something on yahoo's end?
    10-30-09 01:11 PM
    Try this:

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book
    Delete all the Yahoo Service books that you find (if you try to log in to Yahoo you will get "Service not enabled for this handheld")
    Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Menu -> Register Now

You should then get a registration email and the service books should get sent to your device again. Try logging in again and see if it works.
    10-30-09 09:55 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD