So I have a friend who just bough a new 9700 and he is experiencing problems with setting up his yahoo and or Rogers (carrier) email accounts on the phone. I was able to set up my hotmail and google accounts but when it comes to yahoo an error msg appears claiming that email or password is incorrect and to contact yahoo.

OS is 5.0.0.XXX the standard one with factory phone.
    Did a few battery pulls and nothing.
    Sent service books a few times to see if that works > nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    12-21-10 07:22 AM
    Are you sure he has the correct password, or did he try to setup but possibly used the capslock or it was probably on when he entered the password? Have you tried to setup it via the computer on the BIS website instead?

I assume rogers properly setup the data plan, so it could be either the password was incorrectly typed or yahoo is having a bad day. Mine works fine, as I also use yahoo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 04:45 AM
    I thought he typed the password incorrectly at first as well. But I switched to "show password" feature to check and the password was correct. Also he did enter the same password on the computer (yahoo.com) and he it was correct.

If it is a yahoo problem then they are having a bad week. He has been trying to do it for a bout a week and more.

I will have to try some other things out but dont know what else to do.
    12-22-10 11:57 AM
    I thought he typed the password incorrectly at first as well. But I switched to "show password" feature to check and the password was correct. Also he did enter the same password on the computer (yahoo.com) and he it was correct.

If it is a yahoo problem then they are having a bad week. He has been trying to do it for a bout a week and more.

I will have to try some other things out but dont know what else to do.
    What I recommend is checking mail via m.yahoo.com/p/mail until the problem is worked out.

12-22-10 03:49 PM
    So I just recently noted that the yahoo problem exists even on mobile yahoo. Ex: Yahoo! doesn't work either.

I'm confused with this issue don't really know why this problem is going on.

12-25-10 04:43 PM
    Pls people my email is havin the same problem..&it aint a week problem..it's been on for like 3months...&i keep trying 2 register my yahoo mail on my bb9700&it kips saying invalid email accounts..I need help..

02-12-11 03:33 AM
    Pls people my email is havin the same problem..&it aint a week problem..it's been on for like 3months...&i keep trying 2 register my yahoo mail on my bb9700&it kips saying invalid email accounts..I need help..

So basically the fix is to call your local provider. That's what he did and the problem got fixed. Tell them the problem and they can resolve it. His provider was Rogers.

02-12-11 03:14 PM
    After many months of not being able to setup my Yahoo email from my Bold2 OS 6, I finally got it resolved today.
    What I did was:

1). BACK UP all data using Desktop Manager
    2). RESTORED from when Yahoo email working on phone, in this case two months ago
    3). RESTORE from the backup done in step 1.
    4). BACK UP all data one more time.

It worked!
    Last edited by onozare; 04-06-11 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    nar6 likes this.
    04-06-11 05:01 PM
    Unfortunatly for me I have no older back up files....
    Does it mean that there is no way for me to get back my yahoo mail on my blackberr?
    03-05-12 04:51 PM
    Unfortunatly for me I have no older back up files....
    Does it mean that there is no way for me to get back my yahoo mail on my blackberr?
    Add it via the e-mail setup application. If you're talking about the messages, no.
    03-05-12 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD