05-18-11 06:55 PM
36 12
tools
    You can use Google calendar and sync with that calendar. To find the syncing software, do a Googel search. I found it by searching on "google and blackberry sync"
    07-22-09 06:14 PM
    I have a 8310 as well. When I go into my calendar on my phone i can select from 3 different ones (associated with my email address) When I select a calendar and options there is an option for (wireless Sync) and next to it says No, where you can normally select or change it to yes, but it does not give me the option. when I click on "no" it says close or switch application. Is this a software issue on the phone or a setting I can't find? Any help would be appriciated.
    07-23-09 01:00 PM
    Hi,

I currently use the free Yahoo e-mail and have no problems synchronizing my calendar with my Curve. Here is how I set mine up:

First make sure you are using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.2.14 [Apr 26 2007].

Then go to "Synchronize" and "Configuration." Click on "Configure Synch" and then "Choose." Pick Yahoo and make sure the "Synchronize" option at the bottom is selected. Now click "Options" and type in you account info and hit "Save." After all that you should be good to go.

I had a similar problem until I updated my Blackberry Desktop Manager from the RIM website.

Hope this helps you.
    this is great info and still works! thanks!
    08-10-09 10:59 AM
    I have a 8310 as well. When I go into my calendar on my phone i can select from 3 different ones (associated with my email address) When I select a calendar and options there is an option for (wireless Sync) and next to it says No, where you can normally select or change it to yes, but it does not give me the option. when I click on "no" it says close or switch application. Is this a software issue on the phone or a setting I can't find? Any help would be appriciated.
    I have the same question... can the synchronization only be done via Desktop Manager and not OTA?

Also has anyone tried sharing their yahoo calendar? Is this possible OTA or is this something that can only be done through yahoo.com?
    09-22-09 10:10 AM
    I have a new Curve and Desktop Manager 5.0. Is there any 3rd-party app that syncs with the Desktop Manager other than Outlook? I currently don't have an internet plan and would like to avoid having to buy Outlook. The Yahoo! calendar sync works perfectly, but the calendar sync fails...so close and yet so far.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    09-24-09 07:58 PM
    Hi,

I currently use the free Yahoo e-mail and have no problems synchronizing my calendar with my Curve. Here is how I set mine up:

First make sure you are using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.2.14 [Apr 26 2007].

Then go to "Synchronize" and "Configuration." Click on "Configure Synch" and then "Choose." Pick Yahoo and make sure the "Synchronize" option at the bottom is selected. Now click "Options" and type in you account info and hit "Save." After all that you should be good to go.

I had a similar problem until I updated my Blackberry Desktop Manager from the RIM website.

Hope this helps you.
    Although the desktop version has been updated a few times since '07, this solution still works! Thanks.
    01-10-10 09:28 AM
    Although the desktop version has been updated a few times since '07, this solution still works! Thanks.
    Since this seems to be the only solution to get Y!Calendars to sync properly, where can I download this older version?
    10-04-10 11:33 PM
    My wife just bought a BB Curve 8350. She spent 4 hours yesterday trying to synch her calendar with Outlook and Yahoo. She sought help from both ATT and BB and cannot get it to synch. She has the latest version of BB Desktop Manager and the latest available OS. She is about to return this phone and go back to her old not-so-smart phone. Any ideas?
    10-09-10 07:28 AM
    I am still able to sync my BB Curve (using Desktop 6 and running OS5) to Calendar/Tasks/Memos that's attached to an old Yahoo! Mail account, but with the 'new' Calendar that is attached to a recently opened account, no such luck. Contacts - yes. Nothing else. I get an error message about the Yahoo server.

Yahoo's own 'What's New?' section of the new Calendar covers it in a nutshell. Under Mobile Syncing, they mention that they can now sync with Apple products, but as long ago as mid-July, they were still 'working on' getting it to sync with everything else.

Clearly, in appeasing the Macolytes, they've buggered up their BlackBerry sync - a feature that did use to work and is a primary sync option still in the Blackberry Desktop. And there seems to be no rush in fixing it.

I have no real desire to go to Gmail and, as it happens, an experiment with it and their Mobile Sync resulted in the same problem. Addresses, yes. Everything else - no. And a quick, ahem, Google shows that this is not limited to my experience, with some danger of further dire results.

No idea when Yahoo! has plans of getting their act together - but it does nothing to encourage use of their products and it doesn't reflect well on RIM, either.
    10-27-10 03:27 PM
    A recent upgrade of the Yahoo desktop calendar makes it incompatible with Blackberries... I have been trying to get someone at Rogers, Blackberry or Yahoo to explain, but to no avail. I am not happy right now. Only option seems to purchase Outlook. If anyone has any other suggestions, that would be welcome. Might have to switch to iPhone...
    04-27-11 07:43 PM
    This problem has been ticking me off as well. My Torch can sync Yahoo contacts over the air, but not the calendar? When I try to sync my calendar in Desktop Manager, I get a message saying "Connection to Yahoo server was lost."

And why in the world would BlackBerry not support CalDAV for BIS? That was how I was able to get my Yahoo calendar to sync on my previous phone. (iPhone 3G) At this point, I don't know who to blame. Yahoo, for breaking the Calendar sync with their recent upgrade, or RIM for not including CalDAV?
    05-18-11 06:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD