I would like confirmation if this could help me get rid of bbm 5.0 and bring back the old bbm (4.5)

1. Delete bbm 5.0
    2. Go to blackberry.com / messenger and download the old version
    3. Install bbm

???
    07-20-09 12:42 PM
    No, UNLESS your Curve has Device Software OS 4.0 or 4.1, as it states on that website (bb messenger).

So if it doesn't have those Device Software versions, you have to complete these steps:

1) Delete BBM 5.0 via Desktop Manager, Application Loader
    2) Download your latest carrier specific supported Device Software (OS) - meaning official from your Carrier website or that same version from the BlackBerry official website.
    3) Close Desktop Manager and install the OS you downloaded in Step 2.
    4) Launch Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader and appropriately select the checkboxes next to the Apps you want INCLUDE on your Curve, so in this case anything you want on your phone in ADDITION to the older BlackBerry Messenger which will be listed there.
    5) Done.
    07-20-09 01:34 PM
    No, UNLESS your Curve has Device Software OS 4.0 or 4.1, as it states on that website (bb messenger).

So if it doesn't have those Device Software versions, you have to complete these steps:

1) Delete BBM 5.0 via Desktop Manager, Application Loader
    2) Download your latest carrier specific supported Device Software (OS) - meaning official from your Carrier website or that same version from the BlackBerry official website.
    3) Close Desktop Manager and install the OS you downloaded in Step 2.
    4) Launch Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader and appropriately select the checkboxes next to the Apps you want INCLUDE on your Curve, so in this case anything you want on your phone in ADDITION to the older BlackBerry Messenger which will be listed there.
    5) Done.
    I'm in Canada and my service provider is Rogers. How do I get the device software. I'm not good with technology. Could I get some help please?
    07-22-09 07:57 AM
    Do a back up
    delete BBM from your device
    email this link to yourself

http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/

once received, click and it will readd 4.5.. then restore your contacts from the back up.

I did this yesterday morning to see if it works, and it does.
    07-22-09 08:03 AM
    How can I roll back to 4.5 on a Pearl 8100 AT&T?
    10-11-09 10:20 PM
    How do you get that link to open!! It wants me to install all these drivers???? Arhh! I just want bbm back!!!
    10-11-09 11:05 PM
    http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/bbm.jad

This is an OTA install for your 4.5 BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD