I have seen this asked before so I wanted to post what I did incase some of you are trying to do the same.

I am on BES at work and have a BB. I wanted a Storm but work wouldn't buy me one so I had to buy it myself. So I bought a Storm but didn't want it on my work account because they don't like us surfing the internet and downloading movies etc.. Too much data usage and Business Plans are more expensive then Personal. You can't use BES on a Personal Plan or you will get charged so I needed to find a work around.

I added my home email address to BIS - worked no problem.
    I created a new BIS account on BIS - username@provider.blackberry.net
    Went into Edit and changed the Email Account Name & Reply To Address to my work email address. And then I set up a rule in Outlook (work) to redirect all my emails to my username@provider.blackberry.net account.
    (when setting up the rule in Outlook make sure you use redirect not forward. If you use forward it will show the email came from you and not the person who sent it).

Seems to be working, I get all my work email on my blackberry and if I reply it shows that it came from my work address. I also hid my main message folder so I don't see all my emails combined into one folder. Instead now I have just my work email folder and my home email folder showing.

Hopefully there is an easier way of doing this.
    Last edited by catchlov; 12-18-08 at 05:21 PM.
    12-18-08 03:10 PM
    Seems like overkill. Can you access your work email account through POP or IMAP? If so, within your BIS account setup your work email account for POP or IMAP access. This way you won't have to forward your work email w/ an Outlook rule.
    12-22-08 11:07 PM
    It's rare nowadays to find companies that offer POP/IMAP access to their email servers.

If your work uses Outlook and provide Outlook Web Access, you can set up a link in BIS and it will push and sync via OWA.
    12-22-08 11:11 PM
    It's rare nowadays to find companies that offer POP/IMAP access to their email servers.

If your work uses Outlook and provide Outlook Web Access, you can set up a link in BIS and it will push and sync via OWA.
    I do this as well since my company only supports exchange and not BES. They do offer Outlook Web Access and using those servers seems to work perfectly. The only downside is that my calendar doesn't sync up as well and the push can take up to 15 minutes sometimes instead of instant. Overall, a great option if your company doesn't have BES or you don't want to use it.
    12-22-08 11:39 PM
    Many companies using MSExchange preven the forwarding by using an encryption deal.

Here is how I do it:

Use Desktop Redirector.
    12-22-08 11:52 PM
    My company uses Outlook Web Access so I was able to connect my personal Storm to my work email account using OWA through BIS. I am getting wireless emails as a result. I am not getting my calendar updates wirelessly from OWA however. Is there a way to get the calendar to sync wirelessly like the email does?
    12-23-08 10:58 AM
    i also use the Outlook web access.....works great.
    12-23-08 11:07 AM
    asylvia, have you been able to set up the wireless sync for your calendar off of OWA?
    12-23-08 11:08 AM
    Can't do it with bis. Need to use bes or redirector

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 11:38 AM
    what if your company uses lotus notes?
    12-23-08 11:43 AM
    Has anyone used their blackberry with a Best Buy server? I heard they block it somehow. I believe managers are able to use OWA. Is that the only way other than redirector

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 01:22 PM
    How do you setup a rule to redirect instead of forward. I have several rules setup in outlook to forward mail if from certain senders. As stated by the OP the forward make it appear you are sending it instead of the original sender. I would like to redirect instead of forward, but I don't see that option when setting up the rule. Also by redirecting does a copy of the email still show in outlook? I would like to receive the email both on my BB and in outlook. The forward option does this, just shows it came from when when viewing on BB
    12-23-08 02:52 PM
    Hey guys,

I am connected to my work email through the OWA and BIS. However I am only getting email sent to the inbox and not any that are sent to other folders via filters. Anyway to get these other folders to sink without using BES?

Thanks.
    10-07-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD