Yesterday I wiped all of my information without backing up files (I'm new to BlackBerry)....lost everything

I was wondering if previous contacts on my BBM list still receive my updates or if I just appear with the last photo and status I had before my phone was wiped?

Thanks in advance
    12-12-10 09:03 PM
    they will still see you as "frozen image" of your last photo and status. if they try to BBM you, it "may" prompt them to re-invite you, if you never readded them. i had that happen to me when i still showed contacts on my list thinking they were still active, however they had either lost their phone or got rid of their blackberry.

after awhile, the phone may realize its no longer an active BBM contact and still show on their screen, but be dimmed out.

did you restore anything? they most likely will not be getting updates unless you readd them.
    12-13-10 05:38 AM
    they will still see you as "frozen image" of your last photo and status. if they try to BBM you, it "may" prompt them to re-invite you, if you never readded them. i had that happen to me when i still showed contacts on my list thinking they were still active, however they had either lost their phone or got rid of their blackberry.

after awhile, the phone may realize its no longer an active BBM contact and still show on their screen, but be dimmed out.

did you restore anything? they most likely will not be getting updates unless you readd them.
    I will contradict you on one thing, the bbm photo update.

My personal experience is that the photo still updates for the person on the other side.

Experience: A business associate of mine gave his phone to his daughter and she deleted me from BBM (i still had her/him on my side).

And the pictures kept changing to different pictures of the guys daughter, so after like 3 weeks i bbmd him, and it was like 'SO AND SO' doesnt have you on their list, re add them. I clicked yes, it showed up with her name and then i confirmed that her dad had given her the S1, and he got a 9780.

So in some cases the pictures will update if the other user has you on their contact list.
    12-13-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD