I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved in another thread, but I honestly don't have a lot of time to research this so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Starting this morning on my 8530 I cannot receive windows live messages, but I can send them and they are received just fine. After I found this problem I uninstalled Windows Live, re-downloaded it from the blackberry app store, installed, also updated to the newest OS, and STILL nothing works.

The other really strange thing is that I currently have my husband's phone (because he's in Iraq, which is why I really need this to work on my phone, because this is one way we communicate), which is an 8330 and I logged into Windows Live on that with two different IDs just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my account, and it does the same thing.... both on the sprint network.

Even stranger yet, my mom, who has an 8330, but with verizon, and her's is now doing the exact same thing too! what's going on here!? I really need this to work! Please help!
    05-16-10 08:12 PM
    I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved in another thread, but I honestly don't have a lot of time to research this so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Starting this morning on my 8530 I cannot receive windows live messages, but I can send them and they are received just fine. After I found this problem I uninstalled Windows Live, re-downloaded it from the blackberry app store, installed, also updated to the newest OS, and STILL nothing works.

The other really strange thing is that I currently have my husband's phone (because he's in Iraq, which is why I really need this to work on my phone, because this is one way we communicate), which is an 8330 and I logged into Windows Live on that with two different IDs just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my account, and it does the same thing.... both on the sprint network.

Even stranger yet, my mom, who has an 8330, but with verizon, and her's is now doing the exact same thing too! what's going on here!? I really need this to work! Please help!
    It appears to be an issue with Windows Live, not your phones. Hopefully they will resolve the issue quickly. Please keep trying. On a second note, please let your husband know we are proud of his service and we hope he returns safely in the near future.
    05-16-10 08:23 PM
    Thank you very much! I thought it couldn't be just me if my mom's phone wasn't working either. I'll be sure to tell my husband! Thanks!
    05-16-10 08:25 PM
    Consider moving to some other app for the time being, you do have plenty of options:

gTalk
    iSkoot (skype clone)
    Nimbuzz (logs to loads of other networks including MSN)
    IM+ Lite (logs to loads of other networks including MSN)
    And really... BBM!
    05-16-10 08:29 PM
    It is actually a MSN problem. I think the same thing happened to Twitter a couple of months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 12:22 AM
    Thats good to hear( I guess) , I am having the same exact problem, i can send messages but cant receive them through windows live messenger . Nimbuzz helped me thorugh the day, although i still prefer the original windows live application (for BB). Problem started yesterday Sunday and was already spotty 2 days ago.

Hope they sort this out soon. By the way Im located in El Salvador Central America.
    05-17-10 09:11 PM
    I m having the same problem !!!! When is it going to be fixed !!!!!!!!! Nooooooooooo

05-17-10 09:26 PM
    I'm in Venezuela and all my friends had the same issue......
    05-17-10 09:35 PM
    I'm having the problem on my 8330. Glad I searched before I just started posting. I even removed my application completely and re-installed the updated version.

05-18-10 11:51 AM
    Yea I also have the same problem!!!!! Ah..I hope it will be fixed soon. Sometimes I get one message. Please post when the messages are fixed.
    05-18-10 12:21 PM
    I never had this problem, just the regular that sometimes the server is not updating the status, but nothing serious, but now, messenger is not refreshing at all, i can send messages and my friends can read it, but when they reply i get any...looks like is a server problem, also is happening with my facebook....could be a network issue

Im with Fido..
    05-18-10 12:56 PM
    My windows live messenger is working again...
    Yess....
    05-18-10 02:19 PM
    It is still kinda spotty but it is definately better than yesterday. Better use nimbuzz till they sort out everything. Even BB messenger failed today, damn it RIM what the fooooook!!!!!
    05-18-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD