Hello, I'm new to the forums. Thanks for reading
    I bought a BlackBerry 9700 today and downloaded the latest versions of BlackBerry App World, BlackBerry Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. When I came to attempt to log in to BBM and Windows Live, neither of them were able to connect. Windows Live quoted: "Service not enabled for this handset", while BBM didn't seem to want to send or receive BB Pin requests.
    I have searched around the internet but to no avail. Could it be to do with Vodafone, the network I am with?

Thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 04:55 PM
    You need a blackberry data plan.
    07-26-10 04:55 PM
    I have it on a 24 month contract which includes the BlackBerry data plan. Anything else I could be doing wrong?

07-26-10 05:10 PM
    You obviously have a BB data plan, or you wouldn't have been able to download App World in the first place.

And it's not Vodafone, as I'm with them, have those apps, and they all work fine.

Have you tried a battery pull since installing them all? Leave the device switched on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds then replace it, and wait for the phone to reboot... then try to connect again, and let us know how it goes

07-26-10 05:18 PM
    Still no dice unfortunately. It's definately my end because I cannot recieve requests on BBM. Maybe install the software from the disk and install the applications from there maybe?
    07-26-10 05:54 PM
    I have heard about blackberry messenger 6.0 ? but no one have mentioned about this so far.
    09-10-10 09:42 AM