Is there any convenient way to sync these with my BB? I use Windows Live for everything and my mail works fine, but I just can't get it to work with my Tour; I find it ridiculous that Yahoo has built in sync functions and Microsoft does not.

I use Outlook Connector, if that is of any help. Unfortunately, BBs can only sync with exchange servers or PST files...
    07-15-09 12:55 PM
    Nobody has any info on this? I would really appreciate anything anyone could share!!!
    07-16-09 12:19 AM
    Bumping this to the top, as I'd like to know as well. I don't use Outlook on my netbook 'cuz is big and bloated, and would love to autosync with my Windows Live calendar
    07-16-09 04:43 PM
    Same here this would be useful.
    07-16-09 05:28 PM
    Apparently, nobody has any answers to this issue. Microsoft has been totally useless as far as I could tell. Surely some innovative user has found a solution?
    07-17-09 02:32 AM
    I'm looking for the same thing. I use Windows Live Mail (desktop) for all my email accounts when on my comp and would love to keep my contacts in sync with my BB.
    08-29-09 07:40 PM
    Same with me...Since Microsoft advised we had to use Outlook Connector I can no longer sync outlook calendar, task and memo either over the air or using Desktop Manager. My Tour sees the Calandar as 'desktop' but Desktop Manager sees all the databases as requiring wireless sync????

I hope someone comes up with a solution, I have used up at least 8 hours trying various suggestions on this and other websites but I dont think they are fixes for outlook with 'connector'. I had no problem syncing outlook with desktop manager prior to installing connector.
    09-03-09 01:00 PM
    i decided to just use google. i might go back to msn if they work it out
    09-03-09 01:13 PM
    Actually, there are quite a few ways to do it. None of them super easy but can be done.

1st: Outlook Connector for Windows Live. Next, sign up for a free Funambol acct, download their Outlook Plugin, and download their BB client. You set up the Outlook Plugin to Sync with your Contacts/Cals/Tasks/Memos from Outlook, which are also coming from Windows Live. These get synced to Funambol's cloud, then sync up and down to your bb.

Next option, use your gmail address or create a dummy gmail address. Subscribe to you Google Calendar Address in Windows Live. I think it will be read only. Next, use Outlook Connector to get your Windows Live Cal to Outlook. Publish your Windows Live Cal from Outlook. Subscribe to the address in Google Cal. You will have 2 calendars, but they will both be visible in both places. Add to the Google Calendar via bb or gmail and add to your Live cal in WL. Sync to BB via Google Sync App. and both cals will be there, updated, as will they be in WL.

For Contacts, it will only be a one way Auto Sync from your BB to Windows Live, but here goes...
    create a free Account at Plaxo - Stay in touch with the people you care about.. Go to Calendar and find Sync Points. Set up your Windows Live acct info and you'll have 2 way Sync with Plaxo. Set up your Gmail account info, which unfortunately, will only sync contacts and Calendar from Gmail to Plaxo, but will 2 way sync to your WIndows live account.
    Plaxo used to have a free Outlook plugin 2 that would have handled the whole thing, in conjunction with the Funambol Plugin. You can still do it, even skipping the Outlook Connector for Live, but it's $59/year. So, you can add contacts to WL contacts via google sync for bb, through Plaxo.

Next way, Outlook Connector again. Buy a desktop app called gSyncit. www.daveswebsite.com. $15 one time charge. Will sync Google Contacts and Cals to Outlook, from as many different gmail and google apps accounts as you want. works fantastically. Sync to and from Outlook with this program, sync to bb w google sync for bb app, and to Live w Outlook Connector.

The final thing I have is some new site I haven't tried yet, but keep an eye on them. They have a bb client, based on Funambol, and its all supposed to be free. UNYK Address book They claim 2 way sync w all the major webmail clients, for contacts. Let me know how it works. It would be just this site and the bb client then. No Outlook Connector.
    09-06-09 05:00 AM
    this SOLUTION doesn't require google or other software:

1. CHECK that all your contacts are in WLM.
    2. DELETE all contacts in (User name)/Contacts
    3. CREATE new folder (any name) in My Documents.
    4. EXPORT all WLM contacts AS VCARDS TO new folder.
    5. in (User name)/Contacts IMPORT all contacts FROM new folder.

as you'll notice, contacts have been imported as .contact files, not vcards.

6. connect blackberry and start Desktop Manager.
    7. SYNC one way to computer all contacts on Blackberry.
    8. merge, add or delete any cards/information as wished.
    9. SYNC one way from computer to Blackberry.

all information is now synced. in future you can two sync between the two.

note: any future changes you make to WLM contacts will have to be added to Blackberry in same way (steps 1 through 5)

this is not ideal, and not true sync, but it does work, it avoids manually entering data, and it will do until MS and BB get their act together.

cheers!
    lisonuk
    03-12-11 11:37 AM
    When I set up my Windows Live email on my 9330, I had an option in the email setup to sync contacts. I'm not sure why you all seem to be having issues with that, unless it's something that OS6 supports that other versions don't.
    03-12-11 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD