as per title thanks Csubi
    08-22-09 08:34 PM
    Yes, it will.

I advise you to make a backup before you load it. Just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:10 PM
    Why not upgrade your OS. The newer OS's are far superior to .81.
    08-22-09 09:17 PM
    Why not upgrade your OS. The newer OS's are far superior to .81.

I'm running 4.5.0.110 and I'm wondering in what way(s) are the newer OS's superior? I'm a chicken when it comes to OS's.....but I'll darned near load anything else!

Thanks!
    08-22-09 09:35 PM
    Better memory management (more file free, less memory leak), faster, etc.

08-22-09 09:41 PM
    Well alrighty then! If you can't trust a "Genius of Geniuses" then who can you trust?! Guess I'm upgrading!

Thanks for the quick response xliderider!
    08-22-09 09:45 PM
    Well alrighty then! If you can't trust a "Genius of Geniuses" then who can you trust?! Guess I'm upgrading!

Thanks for the quick response xliderider!
    Did u find the new OS upgrade? If so can u post the link or pm it too me
    09-13-09 08:22 PM
    yea can somebody pm me link
    09-13-09 08:30 PM
    Yes it would csubi. I'm currently using BBM5 on OS 4.5.0.81 on my 8320. BBM5 is working so flawlessly for months now. No problems whatsoever. It's been working so nicely that I even forgot how the previous BBM looks. LOL
    09-13-09 08:47 PM
    So how hard is it to upgrade the os? I seem to be missing something. Plus where can we download it?

10-16-09 12:23 PM
    also when u install the new bbm, give it a bit..mine appeared like it had frozen but it was installed but took a little
    10-16-09 01:23 PM
    So how hard is it to upgrade the os? I seem to be missing something. Plus where can we download it?

Here are step by step instructions on how to install a new OS.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    2 ways to find the download link to the newest OS:
    1. Check on your carrier's web site to find the newest OS that is approved by your carrier. There they should have a link to take you to the download screen
    2. At the top of this forum you should find a "sticky" thread with your device model number and the corresponding newest OS for that model. There, you will be directed to a download link. Make sure you follow the instructions to delete the Vendor.xml file from the downloaded OS. This is where you can find that to delete it:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file

Then, just follow the instructions in the link that I posted above and you shouldn't have any problems. MAKE SURE TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING THE INSTALLATION!
    10-16-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD