if I pull my sim and put in another BB, will my BB messenger friends know my PIN had changed or do they have to manually add my new PIN. if so, whoever is on the old PIN will get some random messages lol. If not, it will be a hassle to readd people on new phone
    04-02-10 08:22 PM
    no, use the desktop manager to put a backup of your old phone in your new one. The pin will be automaticly updated
    04-02-10 08:25 PM
    Switch device wizard
    04-02-10 08:26 PM
    Yes, if you use the Device Transfer Wizard, everyone's will be auto-updated (well, most everyone, there's a few things that could cause it to fail, but most will be fine). If you are in any groups, you should leave those before the switch and then have someone re-add you afterwards.
    04-02-10 08:29 PM
    ah, ya i guess one should do that immediately if they want to restore the contacts, otherwise if you wait around for a few days then restore, those few days info will be lost.
    04-02-10 08:32 PM
    Use the device switch wizard. Else, simply backup your old phone, enable remote backup of your bbm via email, restore contacts to your new BlackBerry, login to your providers site, update your pin and imei, load bbm, do a remote restore. I did these steps, worked great. Few contacts got screwed on bbm. Deleted those & re-added them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:45 PM
    what's imei?
    04-02-10 09:51 PM
    Imei is your phones unique registration no. An identifier for your phone. Each phone has a unique code. Press Alt + Shift + H on the home screen to display urs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD