Hi,

I have a strange problem with my BB... I'm connected to BIS over Wi-Fi but my BBM does not work... even MSN messenger doesn't connect over wifi (which is a white bold icon)...

Also, I had data plans for two months, but since I'm leaving the country I decided not to renew it. So I don't have a data package for the moment but shouldn't BBM work over WIFI regardless since it's connected to BIS?
    09-19-10 09:20 AM
    No data plan = NO BBM
    If you have NO data you have no BIS.

You can connect to a wifi network but will get no further connectivity through the BIS servers

Sorry, if you want bbm back you need to re sign up for data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 10:47 AM
    No data plan = NO BBM
    No data plan = NO BIS
    09-19-10 11:00 AM
    So, let me get this clear...

no BBM even when its connected to BIS servers over WiFi? =S
    09-19-10 12:44 PM
    So, let me get this clear...

no BBM even when its connected to BIS servers over WiFi? =S
    You won't get a connection to BIS servers over Wi-Fi unless you have BIS (BlackBerry data plan). The service books are not present without paying for the plan.

I can use BBM (or any other data) over Wi-Fi, since I have BIS and therefore have the service books necessary.
    09-19-10 12:53 PM
    no u see. I HAD the plan i just didn't renew it... I still have the service books .. it connects to the BIS servers cause the WiFi signals are in WHITE BOLD.

Means i'm connected to BIS, thus, BBM should work, yes? I don't get this. When I go into services status, BIS and BES are both connected via wifi. Please elaborate on this =(
    09-19-10 01:50 PM
    no u see. I HAD the plan i just didn't renew it... I still have the service books .. it connects to the BIS servers cause the WiFi signals are in WHITE BOLD.

Means i'm connected to BIS, thus, BBM should work, yes? I don't get this. When I go into services status, BIS and BES are both connected via wifi. Please elaborate on this =(
    Your service books are often replaced silently via your carrier. Once the phone has been updated, you loose the service books for BIS since you no longer have that plan.
    09-19-10 02:26 PM
    If you did a battery pull at any time after you discontinued BIS, you lost the service books, even if your carrier did not yet officially cut you off.
    Last edited by lak611; 09-19-10 at 02:30 PM.
    09-19-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD