When I go into the BBM application on my 9700, I see my text message chats and BBM. Why are the text message chats showing in there?
    11-11-09 06:09 PM
    Anyone on BBM and on your contact list (mobile) when you text them the convo will show up in BBM as well
    11-11-09 06:13 PM
    Anyone on BBM and on your contact list (mobile) when you text them the convo will show up in BBM as well
    How do you disable this "feature".
    11-11-09 06:19 PM
    I find this annoying too. Happens to me on OS 5 on my 8900.
    11-11-09 06:58 PM
    i too find it incrediblyyyyyy annoying. tried looking around to disable it but couldn't find it
    11-11-09 07:02 PM
    Only way to stop it is deleted them as a BBM contact.

Why text someone when they are in BBM?
    11-11-09 07:10 PM
    It's their take at threaded sms
    11-11-09 07:13 PM
    Why text someone when they are in BBM?
    Exactly....I can't think of a situation where I'd SMS someone when I have the option to BBM them.
    11-11-09 07:16 PM
    Exactly....I can't think of a situation where I'd SMS someone when I have the option to BBM them.
    So by default on OS5, do all the contacts show up in bbm? if so, when I get it Monday I'll just hide the SMS app altogether
    11-11-09 07:17 PM
    So by default on OS5, do all the contacts show up in bbm? if so, when I get it Monday I'll just hide the SMS app altogether
    No, just the ones you have as BBM contacts.
    11-11-09 07:42 PM
    If you are on the phone and dont have WiFi access and no 3G.
    11-11-09 07:54 PM
    if you're doing a mass text message and they just so happen to also be on your BBM, which is the only reason why I get them. it's annoying as heck.
    11-12-09 01:00 AM
    Drives me nuts too. Hopefully they have an option to turn this off in the future.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 03:05 AM
    I think its pretty useful and comes in handy when you want to view your sms/chat history with that contact.

11-12-09 04:18 AM
    I think its pretty useful and comes in handy when you want to view your sms/chat history with that contact.

Sure, but there is no reason to make these show up in BBM. The threaded-SMS is a great idea and it works really well but having BBM contact's SMS's show up in BBM doesn't make one bit of sense.
    11-12-09 08:18 AM
    To disable this feature>>find the person name in bbm hit menu and remove contacts link. Then your sms for that person will show in the sms folder and bbm will show in bbm
    11-12-09 08:45 AM
    To disable this feature>>find the person name in bbm hit menu and remove contacts link. Then your sms for that person will show in the sms folder and bbm will show in bbm
    exactly what he said...if you don't want this happening just remove their bbm from your contacts link to your blackberry (you will still have there contact information and them as a bbm contact) just wont be linked anymore thus separating their bbm and text msgs
    11-12-09 12:51 PM
    you guys rock. thanks so much!
    11-12-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah that works but then the contact profile picture will disappear if that contact is using an earlier version of bbm or if they do not have an avatar.
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    There is no remove contacts link only restore lcontact links when I highlight the name.

11-14-09 01:47 PM
    I figured it out you have to go into the persons contact profile not just highlight there name.
    I would like this feature except for the fact if the person is linked their personal text message tones do not play when they send me a message now.

11-14-09 01:53 PM
    For example, I have my SMS set for a white alert light and my BBM set for blue. When an SMS comes in and shows up in my BBM list, it's blue- not white, like it's supposed to be...

Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Peace all
    11-30-09 08:51 AM
    To resolve this issue, remove the contact's pin from their contact in your address book. That's it, quick and simple fix.
    11-30-09 11:29 AM
    i found this incredibly annoying as well. When i deleted the person as a bbm contact, it delted the sms convo. so I just have 2 separate contacts for them, one that only has a pin contact and the other has all their other info
    11-30-09 11:45 AM
    Hey guys i got d solution to dat prblm.... in BBM, go to

Options and UNTICK d box saying Show Chats in Messages Application and your problem will be solved... how ever i got another prblm, even though i do this, it keeps showing me txts in bbm... may i got a s/w prblm
    04-12-11 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD