every time I do a security wipe (because of that sms icons), I can recover my BBM contact, but not my BBM group. I am using the latest BBM 5.0.0.66.

And I can't add back to the group unless invited.

Thanks.
    05-31-10 01:08 PM
    BBM backups don't backup BBM groups.
    05-31-10 01:24 PM
    So how do I recover my BBM groups without asking a member of the group to delete my membership and re-invite?

So far, that's the only way for me to join the group again.
    05-31-10 01:30 PM
    That's the only way.
    05-31-10 01:38 PM
    BBM backups don't backup BBM groups.
    That is incorrect, BBM does back up your groups, I however have had the same problem with certain flavors of OS's. For .68 it worked great, and pops up in my BBM saying recovering groups, and it brings me right in, however with the .420 I think it was, it would say group's successfully recovered and list my groups in the recovery area, but it wouldn't actually join the group, in those cases I had to be re-invited, even to the groups I started! When I re-joined the groups it remembered that I was owner, so still had the powers, just a hastle.

Hopefully it is an issue that RIM will fix soon, as it can be annoying. Its reported that this fix will come at the same time as when they fix the group calanders, and the limit of 30 people raised. I don't know of any fix other then being re-invited so good luck, and hopefully this gets a real fix soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 03:08 PM
    This is getting ridicoulos. Everytime I have a friend add me as a group member after deletion and re invite, the phone gets sluggish, basically can't do anything.

Then after that, I do battery pull and after boot up, now it comes up with new sms icons (even though I do not have SMS)

grrrrrrrrrr....... any advise? I have the latest 680 build and bbm 5.0.0.66

i m thinking bbm 66 must be an issue?

Unknown1313, how long does it take for you to recover the group? Hours? days?
    06-05-10 12:06 AM
    I backup the whole BBM conacts and groups by going to BlackBerry Messenger > pressing the BB menu and scroll to options, scroll down to contact list ( click on backup ) and I backup the files remotely.

I then Wipe the device, upgrade or downgrade and then I restore them remotely by going to BlackBerry Messenger again > options > contact list ( restore ) > and restore them remotely.

All my Contacts and Groups are back and nothing is missing
    06-05-10 09:25 AM
    I did that too. When I tried to restore, it says

"you have configured remote backup. your contact list changes are being automatically backed up and you do not need to use Remote Restore Using Email."

When I tried to back up, it says my email has registered to remote backup.

when I security wipe and restore, the mesage comes up 'recovering group', but it's been a day and my group has not recover yet.
    06-05-10 03:28 PM
    I did that too. When I tried to restore, it says

"you have configured remote backup. your contact list changes are being automatically backed up and you do not need to use Remote Restore Using Email."

When I tried to back up, it says my email has registered to remote backup.

when I security wipe and restore, the mesage comes up 'recovering group', but it's been a day and my group has not recover yet.
    This is strange

I'm guessing that you did try to restore one more time. If not, try restoring again

OR

Delete the BBM and install it ( get the 5.0.0.57 ) again then restore. To delete it, go to options > applicaions ( Add-on ) > look for BlackBerry Messenger then press the BB menu button and select delete.

Now, reboot then install the .57 from App World ( reboot again ) and restore your list and groups

hope this will solve it
    06-05-10 05:01 PM
    Unknown1313, how long does it take for you to recover the group? Hours? days?
    It usually restores in about 20min, but remember when first joinging or re-joining a group, your phone will be slow for a little while it loads/looks for all the members/chats/pics/calanders. I have had a couple times when it has taken about 2 hours, and a couple where it did not work at all, and I sometimes get different results even with the same OS. Like I said, there is definatly something that doesn't always work quite right,and I hope they fix it soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: as some extra info, I seem to have MUCH better results when using the BBM 5.1 beta, it seems to recover about 9/10 times perfect
    Last edited by Unknown1313; 06-06-10 at 01:17 PM.
    06-06-10 01:15 PM
    I've been unable to do a remote backup and restore for over a week now.

I always get the message "You have configured Remote Backup. Your contact list changes are being automatically backed up and you do not need to use Remote Restore Using Email."

I've wiped my device and reinstalled the OS and BBM. I'm still unable to use the remote feature. The avatars for my contacts will not update as well.
    08-02-10 05:36 PM
    This is an issue of BBM that RIM really needs to fix. I got it bad today, all my groups loaded halfway and then stopped like that for 6 hours >:/
    12-01-10 10:27 PM
    I was a member in 5 BBM Groups. Out of that only 2 got recovered. How can i get back into the rest of the groups?
    12-02-10 06:57 PM
    Hey RIM!!!!! Wake up and fix this problem!!!!
    12-17-10 01:54 PM
    Mine have always transferred perfectly and I have swapped out about 10 devices – until today. Half of my groups are gone and two of my BBM contacts were greyed out. I had to delete them and re-invite. Now those two contacts are missing avitars while my avatar won’t show up on their devices. Annoying!

Plus I was the admin on one group so when I asked to be re-invited I ended up listed twice with no admin privileges. It never disassociated me with my old PIN. So now the next one who gets my phone on a refurb will show up in this group???
    01-05-11 07:53 PM
    This is very annoying indeed.

I had to do a reinstall of my OS today & now I wish I hadn't.

out of the 11 groups I was a member of all but one of my BBGroups have disappeared and one of the groups is constantly stuck in Recovering Groups loop.

I have reloaded the backup several times, still no luck. What can I do?
    01-27-11 10:16 AM
    Dear sir,
    Hoe to , but it will re-invite my old contact automatically which I don't want ?
    07-05-13 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD