Hello,

I just got a data plan yesterday. I set up my Gmail account using the Gmail option, and I get new emails pushed to my device but two things are going wrong:
    1) If I delete the message on my computer of iPhone, the email stays unread in my BlackBerry.
    2) I don't see my emails that I had before the data plan, I only see the new emails from my inbox. I don't see the sent and deleted messages folders.

How can I fix this? On my iPhone, it syncs perfectly with Gmail (I had to use the Microsoft Exchange option to set it up). Deleting messages on my iPhone actually appears on my computer and my iPhone has all the old messages I kept in my inbox.

Thanks
    05-29-11 11:15 AM
    Blackberries and BIS/BES use a PUSH system, only the messages you get after activating your account will be sent to your device. Any messages you send will also be shown.

To access any other messages, you can just go to gmail.com in the browser or use the GMail app.

BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail Plug-In
    The link above will allow you to access more of GMail's features, not all, but more.

Gmail app is found here: m.google.com/mail
    05-29-11 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    Alright, so I just figured out there's a "Filter" option which lets me see sent emails and drafts. However, I don't see any Deleted Messages folder. Is there anyway to get that there? Thanks!
    05-29-11 02:34 PM
    I need some help with my Gmail not syncing. I have the appropriate labels selected in my IMAP controls and i have tried deleting and reactivating the account with no luck. I haven't used my BB Tour in almost two years and have to use it temporarily bc my droid broke (yeah yeah i know). This is becoming very frustrating. tia.
    07-17-11 08:36 PM
    bump. help?!
    07-18-11 12:07 AM
    i could really use some help here. I used to be a big part of this community and i'm not sure if people are ignoring this thread b/c it's a relatively simple fix i'm not aware of or what.

I'm pretty versed in the BB OS and haven't had an issue with gmail sync before. I have the correct IMAP settings enabled and the "drafts" and "all mail" labels set to show in IMAP (i know that was an issue for some a while back). I have email reconciliation set appropriately and still there is no syncing b/t my BB and Gmail.

Can someone chime in with some other ideas/advice? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Verizon BB Tour 5.0.0.975 shrunken.
    07-18-11 11:33 AM
    First of all you hijacked someone else's thread. That's not cool.

Then you bumped your post after only 8 hours. That's pretty rude and is against the forum guidelines.

Syncing between GMail and the BlackBerry is not always instantaneous. Just be patient.
    07-18-11 12:14 PM
    First of all you hijacked someone else's thread. That's not cool.

Then you bumped your post after only 8 hours. That's pretty rude and is against the forum guidelines.

Syncing between GMail and the BlackBerry is not always instantaneous. Just be patient.
    in response to "hijacking" someone's thread, i 100% disagree. This was a dead thread for the past two months, has the exact title someone looking to help me would understand, and is relevant to the thread's title. The OP's issue was solved and i was merely continuing along the same theme of the thread. Creating an identically titled thread would just clutter up the forums even more. So no, i didn't hijack the OP's thread.

I did bump my post quickly b/c as a former active member of this community I know how quickly the forum members can respond and how quickly the thread will fall off the radar (especially b/c it's a noob looking thread title). Using my BB for a full 24 hours and coming home to 26 unread messages in my inbox when logging into Gmail.com from my computer is ridiculous. I was an avid user of BB's until about a year and a half ago and know this is not the norm. I've gone through a couple hours of searching various threads to try and find a solution and haven't been able to find anything that works.

Please provide constructive criticism and not just text to the thread. I'm not trying to be hostile or sarcastic, just trying to figure out a solution to my problem.

With that said, can anyone chime in on why my gmail is not properly syncing. As stated before, i have my IMAP settings configured correctly and have resent service books multiple times after deleting/readding my gmail account to the device. I also have email reconciliation settings correctly set.

I'm 100% baffled. The phone was syncing perfectly with my friend who used it for an entire year when i gave it to her. I have reset the BIS account i use to include the PIN so it is definitely not still tied to her account. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Naman919; 07-18-11 at 06:43 PM.
    07-18-11 06:41 PM
    I just switched back to Berry and I'm regretting it. I already Wiped/Restored just after a few hours because of this GMail/IMAP & Syncing issue!!!!

I had to create BlackBerry.net to get my E-Mail to Sync. Thanks in advance.
    07-26-11 03:25 AM
    I just switched back to Berry and I'm regretting it. I already Wiped/Restored just after a few hours because of this GMail/IMAP & Syncing issue!!!!

I had to create BlackBerry.net to get my E-Mail to Sync. Thanks in advance.
    it is incredibly frustrating. still no luck getting gmail sync'd correctly. blah. hurry up droid bionic.
    07-29-11 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD