Is there a technical reason why RIM hasn't made a BBM or PIN messaging client for the PC? It would be nice if they had a web interface or PC program for doing so. I imagine something where you login with your BB pin and it saves that info as a cookie and you can change your availability status and message from a PC.
    09-29-09 02:15 PM
    i want to say i heard something about this becoming possible relatively soon but I'd have to look it up...I don't know why this is the case (not being able to currently, that is) though, so I cant help you out there.

Edit: Yeah, I can't find it but I could have sworn I heard something like this...
    09-29-09 02:21 PM
    This will pretty much do what you are looking for: Impatica viaDock - Control Your BlackBerry with your PC
    09-29-09 02:59 PM
    Well PINs are unique and and fixed.
    Each PIN is uniquely assigned to a Berry at the factory and cannot be changed. I've heard they're created using the IMEI as a base, but I can't confirm that.
    From what I understand the BB Emulator software for WinMo uses the IMEI of the host phone in the same way, to create a unique PIN.

Since PC's are inherently volatile and not secure by nature, I imagine it would compromise the security of RIM's system to allow PINs to be assigned to PCs.
    09-29-09 04:47 PM
    There was a blog entry on this subject within serveral months ago I believe. It might be handy like when I'm in a very bad signal area and the network goes down for a week at a time.
    09-30-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD