ok, 2 part question:

first, if i have unlimited SMS, dont have a need for groups, dont need to communicate internationally, and most of my friends dont have a BB or use BBM, are there any advantages to using BBM over threaded SMS?

secondly, if there is a clear advantage to using BBM, is there a way to add all my BB contacts to BBM at once, even if they do not have a BB?

convince me
    04-28-10 11:28 AM
    To answer your first question: Confirmed delivery, confirmed read. That is the single most advantageous feature of BBM over SMS.

As for your second question, BBM requires both parties to have a BlackBerry (with BBM installed).
    04-28-10 11:32 AM
    another advantage is, there is no limit to the amount of text you send in BBM, in SMS you can only send 160, BBM doesnt matter how much you send at one time
    04-28-10 11:40 AM
    secondly, if there is a clear advantage to using BBM, is there a way to add all my BB contacts to BBM at once, even if they do not have a BB?

convince me
    No. BBM is only BlackBerry to Blackberry. You add BBM contacts one at a time using their BlackBerry PIN number or email address.
    04-28-10 11:47 AM
    BBM just rocks LOL.... Also if you want to make new friends internationally, its a good thing for that, along with this site :P
    04-28-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD