10-12-09 12:55 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    Unfortunately my old messenger.alx file is gone and won't appear even after I install an os on the pc.
    Anyone have it handy?
    07-19-09 12:14 PM
    Unfortunately my old messenger.alx file is gone and won't appear even after I install an os on the pc.
    Anyone have it handy?
    Think I have it handy. Luckily I made a copy of all the files the new bbm would replace. How would I get it to you? PM me and we will set it up
    07-19-09 12:28 PM
    Think I have it handy. Luckily I made a copy of all the files the new bbm would replace. How would I get it to you? PM me and we will set it up
    PM Sent-thank you
    07-19-09 12:36 PM
    Okay, for those of you that would like to get the old BBM back, here's exactly
    what you need to do.

If you don't want to switch your OS and keep the same, then that is fine. But
    make sure you have your current phone OS installed on your PC. If you do not
    you can download it from https://hookedontronyx.com/Operating-Systems.html. (Special thanks to CB member Tronyx for that).

Now, do a full backup of your phone. Make sure you know where the backup
    .ipd file is located. Usually before a backup it will prompt you to save it under
    "My Documents."

Now, on your phone go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, highlight
    Blackberry Messenger and delete it. Now here's the tricky part. Once you
    have deleted BBM from your phone, I believe that you have just deleted
    yourself off of all of your contacts' lists. But....

Now with your phone connected to DM go into the Application Loader. You
    will now see "Blackberry Messenger" listed. Make sure it is checkmarked. Click
    "Next" and DM will install the old BBM.

Now what you want to do is restore that backup file that you just made. Go
    to "Restore" and it will automatically open up "My Documents" so you can
    choose the .ipd file you want to restore. In this case, you'll restore the one
    you just made.

Those of you that know how to do an advanced restore will know all you'll
    need to do is restore "Blackberry Messenger." The above is a more simple way
    for people who aren't familiar with this.

Good luck.

Note: Please remember that in order for BBM to show up in your AppLoader
    you must have the OS installed on the PC.
    07-19-09 01:17 PM
    How do you scan the barcode?

Also is anyone else feeling like your messages aren't being sent a lot? Whenever I'm sending a message, it will get stuck on the check mark and not give me the D for delivered.
    07-19-09 01:38 PM
    That was my issue ! Thats why i went back to the old one
    07-19-09 02:27 PM
    Okay, for those of you that would like to get the old BBM back, here's exactly
    what you need to do.

If you don't want to switch your OS and keep the same, then that is fine. But
    make sure you have your current phone OS installed on your PC. If you do not
    you can download it from https://hookedontronyx.com/Operating-Systems.html. (Special thanks to CB member Tronyx for that).

Now, do a full backup of your phone. Make sure you know where the backup
    .ipd file is located. Usually before a backup it will prompt you to save it under
    "My Documents."

Now, on your phone go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, highlight
    Blackberry Messenger and delete it. Now here's the tricky part. Once you
    have deleted BBM from your phone, I believe that you have just deleted
    yourself off of all of your contacts' lists. But....

Now with your phone connected to DM go into the Application Loader. You
    will now see "Blackberry Messenger" listed. Make sure it is checkmarked. Click
    "Next" and DM will install the old BBM.

Now what you want to do is restore that backup file that you just made. Go
    to "Restore" and it will automatically open up "My Documents" so you can
    choose the .ipd file you want to restore. In this case, you'll restore the one
    you just made.

Those of you that know how to do an advanced restore will know all you'll
    need to do is restore "Blackberry Messenger." The above is a more simple way
    for people who aren't familiar with this.

Good luck.

Note: Please remember that in order for BBM to show up in your AppLoader
    you must have the OS installed on the PC.
    Thanks for the write up ! Thats what Ive been trying to explain to fellow members !
    07-19-09 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the write up ! Thats what Ive been trying to explain to fellow members !
    Could you explain to the people who uninstalled BBM 5 and cannot get back to the 4.6 version because it's nowhere to be found in DM even after an OS reinstall on the PC?
    07-19-09 02:31 PM
    I wish i had an answer to that .
    07-19-09 02:39 PM
    wats DM?
    Desktop Manager? Where can i fins that??
    i have deleted n now restart but cant see anything like what u said///////////
    07-19-09 02:43 PM
    Wow what a collection of "characters" in this thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:05 PM
    for real..real charcters lol
    07-19-09 04:24 PM
    Wow what a collection of "characters" in this thread

LMAO....
    07-19-09 05:04 PM
    Not sure if this has been covered but I reinstalled the old BBM version using the javaloader gui and the two .cod files that were already on my laptop from the installed o/s version. Had to go this route after not being able to get it installed any other way.
    Last edited by sparky1209; 07-19-09 at 05:21 PM.
    07-19-09 05:19 PM
    The leaked version of BBM 5.0 was pretty nifty, but I didn't feel that it was reliable enough for prime time use. The LED notification would often not clear, and the Delivered and Read notifications seemed to be intermittent as well.

I went back to the old BBM, but 5.0 seems promising, especially if you'll be able to remove the use of pictures/avatars. That would make you be able to list more than 3-4 contacts at time on the screen (if you want)
    07-19-09 09:28 PM
    not me haah, im loving the new 5.0 version!
    07-19-09 11:36 PM
    Could you explain to the people who uninstalled BBM 5 and cannot get back to the 4.6 version because it's nowhere to be found in DM even after an OS reinstall on the PC?
    For those who tried installing using the DM but no updates are detected.. you could try runing the apploader.. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe

It should be more stable to run the update than the DM... make sure the checkbox of the messenger 4.6 is checked... (Make sure you delete 5.0 from the device beforehand or else there won't be a checkbox for the 4.6)

Good luck..
    07-20-09 02:43 AM
    the only thing I dont like about the new BBM is that when you receive a pic, you have to save it to see it full screen.
    Unless theres something I dont know
    07-20-09 10:11 AM
    Seems a little bloated and "kiddy" to me. But you can't resist change. What they need is more options, like being able to disable avatars. I know what my friends look like. You hafta save pics first, not good because sometimes I just wanna see a pic an that's it. There's not always a need to save it. I dont like how now each message starts under your name as opposed to next to it like in the old ver, just takes up more screen space to me.

The option to go unavailable is gone, so all alerts come thru now.

Overall, I like it, it could use some tweaks that I'm sure are in the works.
    07-20-09 11:21 AM
    I actually like the new version. I figure it'll be the norm soon, anyway.
    07-20-09 12:17 PM
    I only wish I could change the font size so I can fit more contacts that's really all I miss.

The location finder seems neat - Now to try it lol
    Barcode is also neat-ish, but i didn't mind the pin way either
    I like the threaded messages

There are definately more options which makes it feel like a more complete messenger system... but I can appreciate the no-frills of versions past.
    07-20-09 12:17 PM
    I actually like the simple interface of the older version bettee but I haven't brought myself to downgrade yet. It's a really solid build for being a leaked version, I've been going a little nuts with the restorations and OS changes recently though so I'll probably just let it be for awhile.
    07-20-09 02:09 PM
    IMO , it isnt a solid build . Too many bugs especially with the "D" and the "R" .
    07-20-09 02:24 PM
    IMO , it isnt a solid build . Too many bugs especially with the "D" and the "R" .
    Now that you mention that I have noticed that not being completely reliable, unfortunately that is a good catch, I meant more of bugs preventing solid usability
    07-20-09 02:59 PM
    I like the look of the new BBM. However, I don't like the fact you have to "crop and save" pictures you send through BBM. The old BBM just sends the file as is.

07-20-09 03:01 PM
119 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD