03-02-10 06:47 PM
74 123
tools
    I personally love the blackberry holster. The 9700 uses the holster to its benefit and the holster just gives such a classier feel instead of in the pocket. If you have a blackberry a holster is a must.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-28-10 09:31 AM
    In the UK the 9700 package comes with the pocket, I personally prefer skins as i just put the phone in my bag. However, I hardly see anyone using a holster anymore.
    02-28-10 09:39 AM
    I use the holster while at work only 8-5 I like the convince of it it, but I would never wear it At a club or bar while looking to meet a good looking women for those times I use a OEM skin and screen protector (which fits perfectly into the OEM holster during the week).
    The conpany IT guy look dose not help while looking for members of the opposite sex!!!!!!!!!

02-28-10 09:53 AM
    I always use the holster while out and about and while at work. I just bought the OEM horizontal holster and have been using that one.

I keep the 9700 in either the OEM silicone case or my epik case while at home.
    02-28-10 10:00 AM
    What do you do with your phone while at work or shopping or stuff like that. I wear a suit while at work and the holster is a must, i cant see keeping my bb in my pocket.
    Exactly! BlackBerry in a holster goes quite well with a suit. I hate it when I can't use my holster.
    02-28-10 10:06 AM
    Only the side holster for me....I hated the pocket sleeve...I mean it came in handy for a whike when I used older devices that didn't come with a holster....I've had holsters for almost every single phone I've ever owned...basically, I don't do the no holster thing

02-28-10 10:19 AM
    I can’t stand the sleeves, I could never get the BB out and usually ended up disconnecting a call when trying. I use the Seidio lock holster now with an Otterbox Commuter case. I’m not wild about the dust attracting Commuter tho, probably should have gone pure Seidio.
    02-28-10 10:37 AM
    I only wear my holster when I'm at work
    02-28-10 10:44 AM
    I cant stand the sleeves, I could never get the BB out and usually ended up disconnecting a call when trying. I use the Seidio lock holster now with an Otterbox Commuter case. Im not wild about the dust attracting Commuter tho, probably should have gone pure Seidio.
    02-28-10 10:50 AM
    I prefer my black silicone case... I don't even have the holster anymore, I gave it away. I am also waiting for my Otterbox Impact Case to get here...
    02-28-10 10:51 AM
    I use the clip holster that came with my Tour(same as the Bold). I would buy it anyway it I dont had it with.
    02-28-10 10:52 AM
    My blackberries are always holstered. Protects the device and I can easily clip it to by waistband, hip, whatever...depending on what I wear. I can also clip it to the inside of my purse.

I guess I grew up....I'm more concerned with protecting the device than I am by how I look while I'm using it.

I also find myself with fewer stilettos in my closet....oh, damn, I'm getting old....
    02-28-10 10:57 AM
    IMO, I don't like the holster look too much. I use the holster only when at work and that's about it. I prefer the leather pocket simply because it just looks better. Who really wants to wear a phone as an article of clothing? Seriously.
    02-28-10 11:06 AM
    I use the holster while at work only 8-5 I like the convince of it it, but I would never wear it At a club or bar while looking to meet a good looking women for those times I use a OEM skin and screen protector (which fits perfectly into the OEM holster during the week).
    The conpany IT guy look dose not help while looking for members of the opposite sex!!!!!!!!!

He he he.............lol indeed bro....indeeddddd

02-28-10 11:13 AM
    i use the holster only because i carry a iphone also and have that in my jacket or jean pocket. i had a otterbox commuter case on it but now i have a form fitting semi hard gel skin from att store that protects and also fits in the stock 9700 holster and the magnet still works. this is a good combo for me. i may check out the 9000 holster to use with the otter box commuter case tho.
    02-28-10 11:27 AM

I did not mean to disrespect the "kid", just wanted to defend the holster, it is not just for us "old people"

I have been using Blackberry all the way back to the 957 series, most people did not know what a Blackberry was back then, they came with this horrible plastic clip holster which I did NOT like but back then there were no 3rd party holster makers, period!
    Gotta agree. I'm 23 and love my holster; really hated the pouch cause it was a pain to take it out of my pocket and then out of the sleeve. With the holster it allows quick access; which I need for 50+ emails a day from work another 50 or so personal; texts BBM and phone calls I handle daily. Could careless if its "cool" but its functional

02-28-10 12:15 PM
    I love the holster... unfortunately at my workplace it is strictly forbidden to have a cellphone while working (I work for a bank). So I have to take out my holster and leave it with my phone in the bag...
    02-28-10 01:41 PM
    I use a holster, its functional and professional.
    02-28-10 05:05 PM
    I use a holster, its functional and professional.
    Same here, its all a matter of opinion and practicality...

02-28-10 07:07 PM
    I don't like the clip holster. It's too bulky to wear on my waist. I'm really short, & most of my shirts are way longer than my waistband. I do love the pocket pouch, though. I wear guys' jeans & the deep pockets are perfect for the phone + pouch. When I don't have it in my pocket (when I'm @ the gym, for example) I keep it in my bag that has a separate cell phone pocket. The pouch fits perfectly in there, too.
    02-28-10 07:20 PM
    the OEM 9700 holster is prob one of the nicest leather holsters ive ever seen,it is a lil bulky though,
    02-28-10 07:23 PM
    I use the holster for my work BB, but for my personal one I never bother, I am using it way too much that it rarely leaves my hand.
    02-28-10 07:32 PM
    i liked the pouch i got with my curve and miss it, i dont use the holster,
    02-28-10 07:52 PM
    I do but I still put it in my pocket. It's basically just an extra protection over my OEM skin.

02-28-10 08:00 PM
    I only rarely use the holster that came with th 9700. Mostly I use the old cracked and worn sleeve that came with my 8320 a couple years ago. The Bold isn't quite as snug as the Curve was, but it works. Then I put the sleeve and BB in my pocket - all good!

02-28-10 08:48 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD