Somehow, I have version 5.0.8 on my phone. I tried to download the new BBM to my friend's phone and it looks drastically different. Apparently my version is a leaked version. Is there a way I can download this leaked version to my friend's phone, preferably OTA, or if not, through a USB cable? If discussion of leaked software is a no no please forgive me. Thanks.
    03-05-10 11:49 AM
    Have you gone to Options/ Applications and checked to see that it is indeed a version higher than 5.0.0.57?
    Also, you want to put it on someone else's phone. How did you get it on YOUR phone?
    03-05-10 12:05 PM
    I"d like to know too, lol! If it really is different, I wanna see screenshots! :-P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 12:17 PM
    Yes, screenshots please
    03-05-10 12:40 PM
    There must be some confusion and maybe I'm wrong, because I got this version at least three months ago. Under my applications it says "BBM 5.0" on the left, but to the right of that were it gives the version number it says "5.0.8" It is drastically different from my friend's version that we downloaded from app world. Mine shows my chat name in red and the other person's in blue. The background is white and text is black. Each individual message is separated by a box, and the picture it uses at the top beside the person's name is pulled from their facebook profile (I have my facebook permission set to do this with my contacts). My friend's has an awful blue background, it uses the bbm picture as their picture (which makes sense I guess), and hers will not update to show that I have read a conversation for several minutes. Mine updates instantly. I would take a screenshot but I'm not quite sure how to.

From what I can tell this version of BBM 5.0.8 has been out at least since the Tour came out.

EDIT: It seems I might have had a beta version that came out awhile ago and was never released. I just looked at BB's official site and saw this screenshot:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...rge_thumb5.jpg

Can you modify your bbm to look just like that, where you can change the colors of the people's names and everything? If so, I might go ahead and get that version. Just kind of worries me that hers doesn't update to show I've read a message for a long time and mine updates instantly.,
    Last edited by spooksmcgee; 03-06-10 at 07:48 AM.
    03-06-10 07:44 AM
    There isn't any way to change the color of a contact's name in a conversation that I know of. I have the latest .57

You can REMOVE a contact's name from the conversation or ADD it. That's about it. No color choice. That may be theme dependent? I don't know for sure.
    03-06-10 09:24 AM
    I have .57 as well, and my chat name is in green, and my contact's in blue. My BBM is also updated instantly after my contacts have read my messages. I guess it depends on the phone you have? Some people have trouble with this, and others don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 10:53 AM
    the picture that you posted is from a conference. My friends added me to a conference yesterday, and everyone had a different color box. Do you always have a red box? i also have .57
    03-06-10 06:22 PM
    OP, you have the old leaked 5.0.0.8. goto www.blackberry.co/send/messenger to get the most recent. the old leaked version worked at the time, but has alot of bugs and is useless.

as for the conference or group chat color talk i keep seeing, you cant change the colors. the screenshot posted is the "bubble" view option. when one on one, the default color is blue. when theres more than one other person in the chat there will be green, red, blue etc. it just helps determine who is who when reading it. its randomly assigned.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-07-10 at 03:36 AM.
    03-07-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD