I just got the Tour 9630 in the mail today. I have been looking everywhere on the phone but cant seem to find BBM. I searched for it through blackberry app world and it says it is installed. I hit run and i get that little clock icon that shows up for a half a second but BBM never launches.
    10-28-09 03:13 PM
    I just got the Tour 9630 in the mail today. I have been looking everywhere on the phone but cant seem to find BBM. I searched for it through blackberry app world and it says it is installed. I hit run and i get that little clock icon that shows up for a half a second but BBM never launches.
    I'm not trying to be an *** but did you look in the Instant Messenger Folder?

That is where it is initially. Just click on it and select Move to Home. You will have the BB IM on your home screen.

I hope that helps.
    10-28-09 03:16 PM
    google search BlackBerry messenger 5.0 OTA and u will find something I had this happening to me and this fix it ; ) good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 03:17 PM
    Under instant messenger all I have is:

Google Talk
    Yahoo! Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger
    I ran the app through the BB desktop software to switch over all of my info from my old BB to this new one. Not sure if it put it some place weird. I think I have checked through every folder and can't seem to find it.
    10-28-09 03:18 PM
    google search BlackBerry messenger 5.0 OTA and u will find something I had this happening to me and this fix it ; ) good luck

Just did that, but all I found was a bunch of the leaked old software. Did not find the official release at all.
    10-28-09 03:21 PM
    I just got my Tour also and the exact same thing happened to me. I looked under advanced options, and it states that it is there. There is a solution, so don't fret. What I did was uninstall BBM from my phone by going to advanced options -> applications...then located BBM, hit the menu key and deleted. I then did a battery pull to clear the phone and finally reinstalled BBM once I confirmed that it was no longer in the application menu. Once I did the install, I found BBM in the IM folder where it should have been in the first place. Not quite sure why I was having the problem to begin with. But this is what I did, and it worked for me. Good luck.

ICE
    10-30-09 09:49 AM
    @ ENGINE: if you hold down MENU on any screen you'll open the App Switcher. BBM should be one of the 5 permanent apps there. Do you see it there? Scroll to the right to see all "open" apps plus these 5: Home, Phone, Messages, Browser, BBM.

10-30-09 10:16 AM
    Also, another different thing with the Tour, is that you need to Show All separately in each folder and in the main Icon screen. Click MENU, click Show All if that's an option. If Show All isn't an option then nothing is hidden in that folder.
    Go into each folder and see if any apps are hidden. Plus on the main Icon screen as well.

10-30-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD