12-29-10 06:41 PM
58 123
tools
    AIM allows you to text from AIM to a regular mobile phone. The problem is starting the conversation, because on a BB, I have not found a way to do this. I will start on AIM on my iPod Touch via wifi, which allows you to send a message to a number, and then log in on my phone, and the conversation shows, and then go from there.
    12-29-10 12:58 PM
    Ok I tried to set up google talk but unless i did something wrong, it appears that in order to use it I have to take the time to sign into my gmail acct first? I had wanted something like bbm where you have an icon, click it, and you're there. Did I mess up?

Also a question for you tech people..........when using an iphone or blackberry for company use, and the company keeps records and tracks all emails, etc...........is something like google talk "private" or can the company see all private conversations?
    12-29-10 01:39 PM
    If you should use a program like Nimbuzz, IM+, or similar applications and you have all the various accounts, yes you can chat with them. but if you have an account with "wallawallabingbang" then you can only chat with other people that are using "wallawallabingbang".

Texting only with a person who doesn't have a text package will bring on carrier charges. I think... big think that Google Voice sends text message via data packages.
    unfortunately google voice is only available in the US, I wish they would launch it in Canada, would be so useful!
    12-29-10 01:55 PM
    I'd say try Kik, but RIM has beef w/ them :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 03:04 PM
    I'd say try Kik, but RIM has beef w/ them :/

I really hope they get that worked out cuz I wanted to try Kik. Does anybody know what happened between the two parties? In looking at their (Kik"s) blog, they are claiming complete innocence and RIM just shut them out. I know that can't be the whole story.
    12-29-10 05:39 PM
    I really hope they get that worked out cuz I wanted to try Kik. Does anybody know what happened between the two parties? In looking at their (Kik"s) blog, they are claiming complete innocence and RIM just shut them out. I know that can't be the whole story.
    The guy who started KiK worked for RIM, and RIM is claiming that he had knowledge about how bbm works that he wasn't allowed to use, and that KiK violates a bunch of their copyrights.

12-29-10 05:44 PM
    Ok I tried to set up google talk but unless i did something wrong, it appears that in order to use it I have to take the time to sign into my gmail acct first? I had wanted something like bbm where you have an icon, click it, and you're there. Did I mess up?

Also a question for you tech people..........when using an iphone or blackberry for company use, and the company keeps records and tracks all emails, etc...........is something like google talk "private" or can the company see all private conversations?
    I would handle this like they can see EVERYTHING that you do. Every message, every call, every email, every website that you visit. If you do the same, you will have nothing to worry about. If you want to use it for private use, I would definitely consider getting your own device that you pay for, not the company.
    12-29-10 06:00 PM
    Yahoo Messenger works great with an Iphone for me and my Iphone friend, as well as with PC friend.
    12-29-10 06:41 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD