12-25-11 01:53 AM
34 12
tools
    Don't think Rim should back down on this.
    That small company BBM Canada couldn't have registered the BBM trademark
    Just pay these leeches trying to hit somebody when they are down!
    Any if the worse to worse , Rim could just use BB BBM but we will all just call it BBM !
    12-24-11 07:12 PM
    BBIM - BlackBerry Instant Messenger
    12-24-11 07:17 PM
    to the public it will forever be BBM. its just another company kicking RIM while its down that's all. i don't see how they have any ground to their allegations, hopefully the judge is a techy LOL.
    12-24-11 07:35 PM
    BBIM - BlackBerry Instant Messenger

Or how bout Berry Chat
    12-24-11 10:58 PM
    I was under the impression that a company had challenge any copyright/trademark infingements or else they could lose it.

It has taken this company a long time to sue for this and BlackBerry Messenger and the BBM abbreviation has gathered traction all over the world. I don't see this other company winning this suit as it has taken them way too long to actually do something about it.
    12-24-11 11:28 PM
    the other company has challenged them...idk why it has taken them this long when RIM got challenged for BBX it was the next day or day after. i just think they are trying to get a piece of RIM and i hope they bite off more then they can chew and choke ...
    Merry Christmas
    12-25-11 12:09 AM
    Under trademark law, failure to enforce a trademark in the event of infringement exposes the mark owner to potential loss of mark ownership.

It has taken a very long time for them to do something about the BBM abbreviation, and they are legally obliged to defend it or they could potentially lose it... So it is a bit harsh to say they are just after a piece of the RIM pie.
    12-25-11 01:25 AM
    That sucks. I like the name BBM
    12-25-11 01:37 AM
    I always know that RIM always too slow to act.
    12-25-11 01:53 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD