04-06-11 05:24 PM
31 12
tools
    Directly below the "New Users" portion is a login for "Existing Users".
    mrskittens likes this.
    12-15-10 03:25 PM
    I'm something I didn't think was a bad word but it got blipped out, I guess in case I was calling someone else one. Let's just say I'm dumb, then.

I don't know what my username and password are but I'll figure that part out after I clean my glasses.

Sorry, and thank you! Back later...
    12-15-10 03:31 PM
    p.s. FedEx is also Level 1. I recall there being more but I guess it's not important, once I can designate them myself.
    12-15-10 03:38 PM
    This is either gonna make me seem really dumb, or BB, or AT&T, or some combination.

Although I am an existing user, I know of no user name or password, so I clicked on (next to user name) "require assistance?" and was brought to an AT&T number where they tell me it's a BB issue.

If I click instead on "forgot password?" it allows me to enter my PIN (which I DO know, hooray) and it says it has successfully sent information to my phone, but what it sent was:

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --

You asked to have your password sent to your device.

User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service.

This may be the most ridiculous question ever here, but I am ill and life is short and I'm not gonna let some confusing terminology get in my way. How DO I log into this BIS thing? I tentatively explored creating an account but quickly learned that I already did that when I got the phone last year (the PIN and IMEI numbers are even still in my Firefox) and I don't want to mess up this mysterious account.

As these pages are all BlackBerry ones, not AT&T ones, I don't know how to ask besides you good folks here. I've already been all over google for this Level 1 thing.

If this is just beyond my pea brain at this point (please don't count the first admittedly DUH part I missed earlier!) just tell me to let it go and I will. But the instructions seem to be running me in circles, no?

And, when I was a teacher, I learned that when one student has a question, they're usually not the only one with that question. And I've already seen in this very thread that I'm not the only one who wants to know the answer to this one.

Thank you to anyone who can help further!
    12-15-10 05:49 PM
    I had the exact issue as you when I first setup my BIS account. Call your Service provider, ask for bb tech support department. Tell them you can't login to your bis account. They will reset your password and tada. You are in.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mrskittens likes this.
    03-03-11 03:58 AM
    You can designate certain filtered emails to be "level 1". This could be because they are "high importance" or you just want them to use a different notification etc.

In profiles on your device you can set up custom notifications for level 1 messages.

In order for a message to be a level 1 message, it has to be filtered. If you log in to your BIS, you can edit your email accounts. One of the options is to set up filters. When you create a filter there is an option to mark as level 1. Any emails that meet the requirements of the filter with that option will arrive as level 1 messages on your device.

If you're using AT&T, your BIS login page is here:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

You can also set up the filters on your phone, though it's not quite as straight forward. On OS6 you would go to setup/email accounts/login/highlight the email account/choose filters from the BB options menu.
    I had the exact issue as you when I first setup my BIS account. Call your Service provider, ask for bb tech support department. Tell them you can't login to your bis account. They will reset your password and tada. You are in.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I finally got around to this (illness prevails) and AT&T transferred me to BB whose menus gave me choices indicating that I would have to already have some kind of service contract or pay for a new one. I'm guessing that it's not worth it for me.

Darn, but, no biggie. Thank you both anyway.
    04-06-11 05:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD