I use BBM, Twitter and facebook(sometimes). I rarely use my laptop or desktop anymore just don't have the time for it and I feel BBM and Twitter are best fitted for smartphones. I just wish BBM allowed you to interact with status updates. every now and then I'll see an update and I want to comment but don't want to get into a conversation. They should have "like", "thumbs up" or even do something like Twitter "@" to respond.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-02-12 09:56 AM
    06-02-12 10:23 AM
    No I meant within BBM. not Via external apps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-02-12 10:35 AM
    I wrote about this a little while ago.

I feel RIM should get into a social network within BBM, facebooks biggest challenge is figuring out how to adapt to the growing market of users who only access content from smartphones and how to make money off of that,

RIM has the advantage of having 55 Million or so BBM users, or about 70% of their user base.
    They could bring to BBM what facebook and myspace were at the beginning,

Give BBM users a BBM photo album, ONLY within BBM it isn't spidered by search engines, it isn't accessed with a browser, it is within BBM,
    Give BBM users the ability to post to a small wall keep status updates for say 10 days, allowing people to post, your storage of your information in BBM world would be expandable with a fee for service model, if you decided you wanted to keep for 100 days, or something, but your data isn't being harvested,

Businesses could create BBM landing pages for Employee's it is an external Intranet, only those registered to the BES can access the landing pages, you've created the most secure web content for your employee's possible without chaining them to a desk.

RIM is the best positioned company to do this, because of their Enterprise, and Consumer networks, the fact they have a social network within BBM already, and that monetizing it doesn't mean as much to them as it does a Facebook,
    06-02-12 11:12 AM
    Wow!
    Brilliant concept.
    I hope to see these features in BBM soon in the future.
    06-02-12 01:35 PM
    I've been telling beta zone for months to do this maybe it will come along side a redesign

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    06-02-12 04:45 PM
    As BBM is the RIM's biggest USP, we can hope to get few new feature's now and then. had it not been for BBM, not many would have chosen BlackBerry over Android and iphone.
    06-03-12 10:33 AM
    with all the added features rim has added over the last year or so I believe they are heading that way.
    06-03-12 08:24 PM
    I wouldn't be to upset if RIM would license BBM exclusively to Microsoft in exchange for a big wad of cash. That would open it up to a huge market and developer base.
    06-03-12 09:30 PM
    RIM has integrated Scoreloop with BBM so that you can find other BBM users who want to play games connected to Scoreloop.
    06-03-12 11:56 PM
    Isn't that clearly what BB10 is (all) about ?
    That's "the flow": anything is connected, blended, mixed, aggregated. Should have named it "the wow" !
    (ok, I stop listening to Bootsy, makes me fly as dope )
    anjali_jain likes this.
    06-04-12 02:29 AM
    I agree. I think they should push the BBM Music some more but make it a lot more social.

BBM users should be able to have BBM Music profile, search for other people with the same tastes, etc.

Even if they exclude BBM Music, there should be some kind of BBM Profile page and a way to meet other people based off interest.

Right now, I hardly ever use BBM because I only have ppl from BBM Music on there I really dont know. Since I didnt pay for the subscription I dont even use BBM Music so I deleted it. BBM is pretty stale now.
    06-05-12 10:32 AM
    I agree. I think they should push the BBM Music some more but make it a lot more social.

BBM users should be able to have BBM Music profile, search for other people with the same tastes, etc.

Even if they exclude BBM Music, there should be some kind of BBM Profile page and a way to meet other people based off interest.

Right now, I hardly ever use BBM because I only have ppl from BBM Music on there I really dont know. Since I didnt pay for the subscription I dont even use BBM Music so I deleted it. BBM is pretty stale now.

While I FULLY agree RIM should push BBM Music, I'm afraid that by 2013 BBM Music will be gone, The adoption rate was not what they expected from BBM Music, and it is still just half an experience, with RIM's core focus being back to communication and their plan to outsource content services BBM music certainly is on the chopping block in the near future.

This does sadden me as BBM Music had HUGE potential!
    it could have been a music centric social network, with real value for expanding your network and interacting within it, it could have branched out to include marketing, and interaction with artists like no other platform does. but it is just half a user experience, that just isn't accepted enough in the US market
    06-05-12 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD