I am a totally newbie to BlackBerrry, recently got a BB Bold 9000.

When you use BBM (blackberry messenger) talking with your contact,

sometimes a "little clock symbol" shows up right in front of the contact's display name.

Does that mean my contact is on the phone (without changing the status on purpose manually)...??

When i clicked the contact's status, it just says the contact is busy.

But i assume my contact would not change the status every single time purposely...

please answer my question thanks!
    09-13-09 10:16 PM
    it means they havent read your message you sent. after remaining unread for one minute or more, it assumes they are busy and turns into a clock.
    09-13-09 10:18 PM
    it means they havent read your message you sent. after remaining unread for one minute or more, it assumes they are busy and turns into a clock.
    Thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!!! That makes sense!
    But do you know how it will show up on the contact list if
    i set my status to allow the "on the phone" status???
    09-13-09 10:21 PM
    not sure. i have had BBM5 for so long, i forget how the things in BBM4.6 will look for certain things.
    09-13-09 10:25 PM
    not sure. i have had BBM5 for so long, i forget how the things in BBM4.6 will look for certain things.
    Same here. I totally forgot what BBM 4.6 even looks like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 10:32 PM
    i think, if im not mistaken, people who are busy/on a call etc...will show up in italics on the other persons contact list. i know in BBM5 it has a red "x" next to their name and it says "unreachable" under their name.
    09-14-09 03:18 AM
    when the person is on phone, there will be an icon next to the contact.
    It's a do not disturb sign with a red phone next to it.
    09-14-09 09:55 AM
    the clock means your message hasnt left your phone yet, when it successfully leaves your phone you will see a "check" ... when it gets delivered you will see a "D" under that check and when your contact reads the message there will be an "R" under that check. hope this helps
    09-14-09 10:21 AM
    the clock means your message hasnt left your phone yet, when it successfully leaves your phone you will see a "check" ... when it gets delivered you will see a "D" under that check and when your contact reads the message there will be an "R" under that check. hope this helps
    this one is the right answer.
    09-14-09 12:54 PM

my friends been sending me messages often, all work but sometime the clock symbol appear next to some of them apparently, so maybe she out of reception at the time but is mean the messages will leave her fone when she got reception? is that possible the messages get lost? coz i never received from her all the one have a clock next to it..... but get the oe from after

thanks
    10-23-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD