Hi All,

Just wondering what any of you use the native "Files" app for (the icon looks like a 2-drawer file cabinet in OS5).

I don't intentionally use it for anything, so I'm wondering what it's actually meant to be used for. I understand that it's a way to see a list of every file on my BB through the App, but I typically access the various files through other apps on the BB (e.g. the media folder or App World), so I'm wondering if any of you make regular use of the Files app in some other way.

I read on BlackBerry's "How To" site from one of their Tech Support guys that he has mapped his files for easier use and syncing of desktop files he regularly uses and travels with (he's trying not to use his laptop much, if any, as an experiment: Paul’s Challenge: No Laptops Allowed! Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog), so maybe there are lots of uses for the Files app that haven't occurred to me.

Thx ahead for any thoughts.
    04-26-11 05:07 PM
    I just came across this question I posted a few months ago, and I'm still wondering if there are any productive uses for this feature. Anybody actually use that little file cabinet for anything??
    09-14-11 04:28 PM
    it works well for hiding and unhiding pictures and files.
    09-14-11 05:49 PM
    Launching documents if your using docs2go 3 leak.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD