08-05-10 05:49 AM
47 12
tools
    My wife and I use it daily. We use it as a way to communicate throughout the day. There are times when we're able to read the message at work, but unable to respond right away. The Delivery and Read notifications allows us to know if our message was delivered and read. We also use it to share address book contacts, pictures, files, and voice notes. I like the fact that it's always running and uses little to no battery. I've had some IM applications that drain the battery somewhat if left running 24/7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 08:30 PM
    The Scan a Group Barcode feature allows you to scan a barcode from sites such as CrackBerry.com App Store. Scanning the barcode of an app on their site will open the browser on your BlackBerry and direct you to more information about that application, as well as being apple to purchase that application.

07-31-10 08:35 PM
    The Scan a Group Barcode feature allows you to scan a barcode from sites such as CrackBerry.com App Store. Scanning the barcode of an app on their site will open the browser on your BlackBerry and direct you to more information about that application, as well as being apple to purchase that application.

I don't remember what site it was, but there was a free theme that I downloaded by scanning a barcode on the site. So it looks like more apps will be available from various sites through the barcode scanning.
    07-31-10 09:24 PM
    General chat... arranging meetups with friends. Its not secure enough to use for business
    How is it not secure enough to use for business? What type of top secret business information is THAT sensitive to where it would be a big deal if a message would be somehow intercepted, lol? I really doubt its not secure enough to conduct business over.

08-01-10 12:36 AM
    General chat... arranging meetups with friends. Its not secure enough to use for business
    Not secure enough for business?? Security, above all else, is what sets RIM apart from other platforms and is precisely why it can be used for sensitive business communications and one reason it is so overwhelmingly adopted in the business world.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-01-10 08:35 AM
    A few friends of mine and I have been doing Bible Study in the AM before work. Expanding our borders for God.
    08-01-10 04:09 PM
    Babe chat ! ! !
    08-01-10 04:55 PM
    http://crackberry.com/pin-pin-messaging-secure
    08-02-10 02:50 PM
    lol, you're obviously not familiar with BB security.
    08-02-10 02:54 PM
    Keep in contact with family and friends all over the country, they are a mobile bunch my family.
    08-02-10 03:24 PM
    Main use is to talk to my friends.
    What I like the best is the group chat. More specifically the ability to upload pics on the go especially when out of town, adding voice notes and comments as well lol.

08-02-10 03:26 PM
    I use it to talk to the gal, contact friends, and co-workers. Also have a group for the CB Fantasy Football League.
    08-02-10 05:25 PM
    I use Blackberry MESSENGER.
    For messaging.

08-02-10 05:29 PM
    I use BBM to:
    connect instantly with family
    Communicate with supervisors and clients
    Keep in touch with new friends that I have met all over the world.
    Keep up with friends
    08-02-10 05:51 PM
    I only have 3 friends on my BBM ~ I am not to comfortable with putting my PIN up, so it's basically for people I know.
    08-04-10 08:35 PM
    I use it for communicating with co-worker/work
    for friends and family oversea, for passing time at work
    08-04-10 09:23 PM
    To chat with my friends.
    08-04-10 09:49 PM
    I use it to chat with my wife while she is working at the hospital (can't talk on the phone from there). We have a "Family" BBM Group where we use Lists to hold he grocery list, household (honey-do) list, and family event calendar. The grocery list comes in really handy since any of us can add things anytime and whoever goes to the store can see the list.

I have a BBM Group set up for my business. I use lists to track to-do items, along with assigning tasks to people. The neat thing is you can "discuss" list items, so we use it to take notes for different projects. I can meet with a client, take notes during the meeting, and have my editor see those notes immediately (without her being in the meeting).

I'm in several BBM social Groups. I love being able to chat with people with the same interests.

08-05-10 12:19 AM
    I love being able to chat with folks in other countries free of charge. I have BBM contacts from 4 countries outside the US, and I am able to chat with them without paying for international SMS.

08-05-10 02:05 AM
    I use it to chat with my wife while she is working at the hospital (can't talk on the phone from there). We have a "Family" BBM Group where we use Lists to hold he grocery list, household (honey-do) list, and family event calendar. The grocery list comes in really handy since any of us can add things anytime and whoever goes to the store can see the list.

I have a BBM Group set up for my business. I use lists to track to-do items, along with assigning tasks to people. The neat thing is you can "discuss" list items, so we use it to take notes for different projects. I can meet with a client, take notes during the meeting, and have my editor see those notes immediately (without her being in the meeting).

I'm in several BBM social Groups. I love being able to chat with people with the same interests.

The Lists feature sounds awesome. Is that an application, or is the Lists something
    That's built into BlackBerry Messenger?

08-05-10 05:11 AM

Now THAT's really making use of the device/features!
    08-05-10 05:46 AM
    ??

Not SECURE enough?

What do you think they are all screaming about in UAE, Saudi and India for??
    The damn thing is so secure they can't spy on their population any more!
    08-05-10 05:49 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD