Haven't seen a thread like this yet. Let's take some time here and hope that the powers that be from RIM will see this. We need to get BBM 5 refined and polished.

What I hate about BBM 5 is the way it sends/receives pics. Having to zoom out and crop or else it sends but has to be accepted and downloaded. Ugh! Also cannot view full pic BEFORE saving it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:47 AM
    Also cannot view full pic BEFORE saving it!

besides that bit, ive had a good time with bbm 5. I rarely use it to send pictures so thats not a big deal for me.
    08-15-09 11:40 AM
    yeah that is my only issue, how it handles pictures. I don't want to save some crap photo that someone just sent that they thought was funny. Also don't like cropping pics when it used to just resize them before. Other than photos it works great
    08-15-09 11:47 AM
    There's been some talk about sending pics and how they're handled between different devices and OS. For instance, on a Tour, if I'm sending to a Curve, it has to be cropped, not so if I'm sending to another Tour.

I'm sure when it's an OFFICIALLY released build, it'll be worked out.
    08-15-09 11:50 AM
    There's been some talk about sending pics and how they're handled between different devices and OS. For instance, on a Tour, if I'm sending to a Curve, it has to be cropped, not so if I'm sending to another Tour.

I'm sure when it's an OFFICIALLY released build, it'll be worked out.
    Not sure thats totally correct.....I believe that when you have to crop is if you're sending to a user that is using the older BBM. So even if you send to another Tour user, you still have to crop if they are using BBM 4.x
    08-15-09 11:55 AM
    funny, I have the opposite experience. I sent/received between two people using stock BBM's and did not have to crop and had the option of view before saving. When I exchange with someone using BBM5 it crops and makes me save the image first
    08-16-09 07:52 AM
    sending curve to curve you still have to crop.

try this. do send file instead. then choose picture. then you don't have to resize.

as far as the automatically saving i totally agree with that. but i try not to get too riled up about it because i can just go delete. i wish they'd atleast show a small picture as a preview like before.

has anyone noticed if, when you look at a picture you just got sent to you, if the quality seems deminished like old bbm, or if it keeps a reasonably good quality? also if you can zoom unlike older versions of bbm?
    08-16-09 08:31 AM
    I don't like the picture sending part or the lag...its still in beta so hey can't expect it to be perfect.
    Last edited by willy9e; 08-16-09 at 11:48 PM.
    08-16-09 11:45 PM
    having to resize pics is a bit annoying. other than that i love it!
    08-17-09 11:11 AM
    I confirmed that the cropping issue is only between BBM5 and BBM4. BBM5 to BBM5 does not force me to crop.
    08-17-09 12:15 PM
    I confirmed that the cropping issue is only between BBM5 and BBM4. BBM5 to BBM5 does not force me to crop.
    not true. i sent to someone that had bbm 5.0 and still made me crop. unless you do send file and choose picture.
    08-17-09 12:17 PM
    having to accept everything is by far the worst feature, pics and voice notes. I just want them to be there, or at least give the option to accept all.
    08-18-09 02:47 PM
    I also don't like voice notes expiring.
    08-18-09 02:59 PM
    not true. i sent to someone that had bbm 5.0 and still made me crop. unless you do send file and choose picture.
    Interesting. I tried sending pics every way available, and I was only not forced to crop when sending to other BBM5 folks. I wonder if carrier filesize limitations are in play?
    08-19-09 10:14 AM
    I hate it when I place myself as busy, it still chirps at me when I get a message. It shouldn't do anything except for flash the LED.
    08-19-09 10:46 AM
    As everyone else stated... I hate the picture saving before viewing part. Other than that, I love BBM5
    08-19-09 02:15 PM
    The transfer speeds/rate could be greatly improved.
    08-19-09 08:39 PM
    I do not like it when I get random messages from someone cause it lagged super bad.. Having to save the pics instead of having the option to, and just some messages never making it to the other person.
    08-20-09 09:44 PM
    I hate it when I place myself as busy, it still chirps at me when I get a message. It shouldn't do anything except for flash the LED.
    As a workaround, you can create a custom profile that won't chirp.

08-20-09 10:48 PM
    Another thing that bugs me is why did RIM change the style of emoticons? The ones in bbm 4 were a LOT cuter lol. Especially that little tongue smiley

08-20-09 10:50 PM
    i havent used the OS yet...
    08-20-09 10:55 PM
    I hate that everybody does not have it on there phone when will the beta end.
    08-20-09 11:00 PM
    Another thing I've found....if you write something in the "Personal Message" block of My Info, if its more than four or five or six or so words long, BBM truncates it in the contact list with "..." There's no way to read the rest of it. This only applies to when you are reading someone else's that is too long. And it only applies to the Personal Message. If they write a long STATUS message, then you can read it by hovering over their name in your bbm contact list, or by viewing their info.

08-21-09 07:52 AM
    I think it is a serious problem that voicenotes, pictures and other files sent through BBM have a very short expiration time. The easiest way to solve this is to create an AUTO-ACCEPT feature for files sent. What if you go an hour or 2 without your phone? You can't hear voicenotes people sent you or you have to have them re-send the picture? I like 5.0 but this needs to be taken care of.
    10-10-09 10:22 PM
    the stupid status and name limits. before you could have damn near a story in there. now your lucky to get 2 lines. i hate that
    10-11-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD