Before I reload my entire operating system and all the programs, etc., and find out that nothing has changed after having invested several hours (i.e., tomorrow), could some people in this forum please help explain to me what recurring "Tasks" actually are supposed to do? I think mine are broken, but I have never seen them work -- so, I'm not sure what to look for. For example, in my mind, a recurring Task would reappear daily on my Calendar without resetting the task date if set to "daily" and if Calendar is set to display tasks. Also, in my mind, Roll Call Tasks would display a recurring tasks from day to day if set to daily (on the organize by date section). My recurring tasks do absolutely nothing except display on the initial due date (i.e., they don't move, and they don't appear on more than the initial due date) -- I have AT&T with 5.0.0.405. Thanks.
    01-15-10 10:43 AM
    A task will not re-occur unless you mark it as COMPLETED, once ,marked as completed, a new task will appear for the next day/week/month, etc... that you set the re-occurance for.

If you set a re-occurance and then do nothing, it will turn red at the due date/time and just sit there.
    01-15-10 10:49 AM
    Here is a screenie of my tasks, as you can see the tasks marked in green once complete re-occur on top;

01-15-10 11:09 AM
    I set the tasks to daily re-occurrence. Should the Task reappear immediately once completed, or do I have to wait 24 hours for it to reappear? For example, today I opened an existing task and set it to yesterday and marked it completed, and it did not automatically reappear today. I created a new task for a couple of minutes in the future with a reminder, and when the reminder came up, I marked completed, and the task did not automatically immediately reappear with a duplicate in Task view. What am I doing wrong?
    01-15-10 11:25 AM
    My mistake, I have more than 100 tasks and did not see them reappear towards the bottom of my list -- i.e., I have a ton of tasks set for today and I have been moving them with Roll Call Tasks. Thank you soooooooo much !!!!! I did not understand how recurring tasks were supposed to work, but with your help, now I do. You saved me probably a full day of aggravation by reloading the operating system when it was working fine just the way it is. I am in your debt -- greatly appreciated !!!
    01-15-10 11:44 AM
    I set the tasks to daily re-occurrence. Should the Task reappear immediately once completed, or do I have to wait 24 hours for it to reappear? For example, today I opened an existing task and set it to yesterday and marked it completed, and it did not automatically reappear today. I created a new task for a couple of minutes in the future with a reminder, and when the reminder came up, I marked completed, and the task did not automatically immediately reappear with a duplicate in Task view. What am I doing wrong?
    Yes, the task will automatically reappear the next time it is due, as soon as you mark it complete.

I have various recurrence frequencies ranging from everyday to once a year(birthdays anniversaries etc), and they all behave that way.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are doing wrong though.

EDIT: I see you have it sorted out, happy for you.
    Last edited by charlyee; 01-15-10 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added edit
    01-15-10 11:47 AM
    My problem was that I was looking at the Calendar instead of the master Task list, and I had no idea that "completed" is what triggers the re-occurrence because I just delete a task when it is done and had given up on recurring tasks because I thought it was broken and I blamed BlackBerry and their operating system. I stand corrected.
    01-15-10 11:54 AM
    Thank you to both charlyee and mookish for helping me to learn how to better use my favorite toy -- the BlackBerry 9700.
    01-15-10 12:13 PM
    Thank you to both charlyee and mookish for helping me to learn how to better use my favorite toy -- the BlackBerry 9700.
    Glad it worked, I would be frantic if my recurring tasks disappeared. I would have a heck of a mess on my hands.

I use Roll Call Tasks with my favorite toy as well.
    01-15-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD