Whats the cheapest way to get bbm? I only want a bb for bbm for business... thanx in advance... please state providers/prices/possible promos...
    01-28-10 03:18 AM
    Depends on what you plan to use the rest of the BB for. Do you want to make phone calls? You can find some pretty cheap voice plans (T-Mo probably has the cheapest). With a data plan a couple of carriers add BIS for $25/month (Others charge $30).

If you aren't going to use voice, there are some data-only plans as well. I know USCC has a $29 data-only plan (usually offered for the deaf and others).
    01-28-10 09:53 AM
    yes only the bbm - no voice/emails/ nothing - only the bbm part
    01-28-10 05:32 PM
    I am not aware of any plan you can get that is BBM only. You can sure get email/data only plans. The thing is that to use BBM the phone needs to connect to RIM's servers, and it's kind of an all or nothing for the data service.
    01-28-10 05:40 PM
    I know here in the uk orange do a data only plan for a blackberry. For about 11 quid a month its unlimited blackberry email and internet usage its called talk for blackberry or something.

Must do something like that in the U.S on 1 of the networks there not sure what the networks are called, but pop into a store and ask or check the carriers websites
    01-28-10 05:49 PM
    I do not believe that there are any carriers left in the US that allow data only on a BlackBerry for consumers (as opposed to businesses) with no voice plan.

If you are on a business plan with Verizon, I believe that they still offer a data only plan.

If memory serves, it was $50 a month (that could be wrong). It does not include ONLY BBM. It's a full BlackBerry Data Plan.

I do not believe that you will be able to find a BBM only plan. At least not in the US.
    01-28-10 06:27 PM
    I think T-Mobile has data only for $40 per month.
    01-28-10 06:41 PM
    Verizon has BB data (with messaging) for $55
    Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless
    01-28-10 06:47 PM
    BBM is part of data....NO Data NO BBM
    01-28-10 07:01 PM
    Verizon has BB data (with messaging) for $55
    Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless
    Oh, I forgot that they just released all those new plans. Thanks for that. I was going off the information before they released those new plans a few weeks ago.
    01-28-10 07:05 PM
    First, to get BBM you must have BB email. Data only plans are more expensive than adding BB data to a BB. That being said, T-moble is $39.99 for BB data only, Verizon is $55, Att is $35 (that surprised me!).....no idea about Sprint Boost and T-mobile at least offer prepaid BB plans too

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-28-10 08:29 PM
    Why the heck would you buy a Blackberry just for the BBM.
    01-28-10 10:39 PM
    thanks a lot everyone - to the one above me, for business only - i have A LOT of business clients that use bbm and would like to stay connected with them this way.
    01-29-10 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD