I'm new to all this stuff and was wondering what all the stuff about WAP browser and internet browser and stuff is. From what I gather the WAP browser makes web sites easier to read from the mobile device. So how do I get to the WAP browser for crackberry.com on my curve? When I go into the homepage (WAP Browser) I don't get anywhere to seach or anything. I just get a list of things to choose from and I can not find crackberry in any of them. The list I get includes Screen Savers, Web Games, What's hot, mysask.com,sports, communications, mail & messaging, news and weather, look it up, entertainment, finance, and shopping. Where do I go from there?
    10-07-08 10:47 AM
    I'm new to all this stuff and was wondering what all the stuff about WAP browser and internet browser and stuff is. From what I gather the WAP browser makes web sites easier to read from the mobile device. So how do I get to the WAP browser for crackberry.com on my curve? When I go into the homepage (WAP Browser) I don't get anywhere to seach or anything. I just get a list of things to choose from and I can not find crackberry in any of them. The list I get includes Screen Savers, Web Games, What's hot, mysask.com,sports, communications, mail & messaging, news and weather, look it up, entertainment, finance, and shopping. Where do I go from there?
    Go to wap.crackberry.com from your BlackBerry browser. Do not type in www. When the page loads, scroll to where it says download crackberry launcher and that's it. The CB launcher is a must...
    10-07-08 11:07 AM
    Wap.crackberry.com is not abrowser but a wap site. A site optimised for viewing on a mobile.

The wap browser is supplied by your carrier. Internet browser is the Blackberry browser.

Using whichever browser you wish ( I prefer internet browser) hit menu key and select go to, remove the www and type in wap.crackberry.com. When the page loads hit menu key again and select add bookmark, then select which browser you want the bookmark to use and save. The crackberry bookmark will now be in your list.

Even better, just install the crackberry launcher

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 11:10 AM
    I installed the CB launcher when I got off work last night...it's an absolute must!
    10-07-08 05:13 PM
    it's all really interesting:

Wireless Application Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 05:31 PM
    I have a storm 2, and bought it from Verizon then unlocked it. Im currently in the Philippines and am on a Philippine Carrier i.e. Globe Telecom. I don't have a WAP browser I don't know why. All I have is the HotSpot browser, on my settings I don't even have WAP Browser as a choice on Browser Configuration, could anyone help me install or help me have a wap browser? THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.
    05-01-10 03:54 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. This info helps a bunch!
    05-01-10 04:16 PM
    I downloaded the crackberry launcher and installed it. Now what? My browsing is faster now? I still don't understand what it is really.
    07-23-10 02:30 AM
    Wap.crackberry.com is not abrowser but a wap site. A site optimised for viewing on a mobile.

The wap browser is supplied by your carrier. Internet browser is the Blackberry browser.

Is it possible to get a WAP browser service book via the internet instead of provider?
    07-25-10 06:34 AM
    Hi! I have these service books with WAP service included (Curve8350 Nextel/Mexico), hope this can be useful
    12-17-11 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD