I have a Curve 8520 running:
    OS V4.6.1290 (Platform 4.2.0.124)
    BBM V4.6.0

When I select the "upgrade BBM" icon, it takes me to a browser window. I select my language, etc., and when it comes time for the download I get:
    ~Download Failed~
    903 Loss of Service
    HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

I have a "Data Plan" through my carrier, Rogers. It gives me unlimited e-mail, and instant messaging. I'm assuming that because it doesn't allow me any actual "data" usage, that it is causing me to not be able to download the update.

Should I be able to browse the internet / do this upgrade when connected to a wifi network? I've connected to a few networks now, and had no luck accomplishing either of these tasks...

I just want to find out for sure that this (the lack of data plan) is the issue before I tack an extra $15/mo. onto my cell phone bill.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. This is my first BlackBerry, I love it so far, and would love it even more if I could work this out.
    09-08-10 11:34 AM
    I would hazard to say that it is. Besides, it would just be easier to download the latest BBOS 5.x from the Rogers download page at BlackBerry.com to your PC and load it via USB cable, in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 11:40 AM
    As it is, BBM 5.0.1 can only be downloaded, it is not in any OS released.

OP, how about Wi-Fi? I am quite sure you'd be able to download that way (remember to set the browser to Hotspot).
    09-08-10 11:49 AM
    So not switching my Default Browser Config. over to Hotspot is what's causing me the wifi browsing/downloading issue? I see now why people offer courses for these things lol.
    09-08-10 12:11 PM
    Update: Just got it all done, now have the new BBM, App World, and a few free themes.

Thanks for the help guys!!!
    09-08-10 02:10 PM
    We're here t help.
    09-08-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD