I want to remove both of these from my phone permanently. I don't use them, don't like them and don't want them. Please tell me the EASIEST way to get rid of them.
    06-04-10 03:07 PM
    download and install BBSAK, look for the cods of vvm and bbm and delete.

you'll have to do a search on here for the exact names though - im being lazy
    06-04-10 03:17 PM
    Where is BBSAK?

never mind, found it.
    Last edited by laollis; 06-04-10 at 03:21 PM. Reason: search
    06-04-10 03:19 PM
    06-04-10 03:20 PM
    I want to remove both of these from my phone permanently. I don't use them, don't like them and don't want them. Please tell me the EASIEST way to get rid of them.
    BBM is easy: your profile shows a 4.6 OS, so Options > Applications > select BBM > BB key > Delete. If you are on 5.0, you will have to download BBM 5.0.57 (OTA: http://www.blackberry.com/messenger) because the stock BBM 5.0.0 that comes with OS 5.0 is an non-deletable (by easy means) Core App. After you install BBM .57, go Options > Applications > Add-on Apps > select BBM > BB key > Delete.

VVM is a bit more complicated. There are two ways. You can use BBSAK to remove all net_rim_bb_vvm .codfiles. However, if you do it this way, anytime you use DM or loader.exe, you will be prompted to upgrade.

The other way is to find the file net_rim_bb_vvm.alx in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/[Your OS Version]/ and open it up in Notepad. Search for "required" and change that item from "true" to "false." Then you can run loader.exe and uninstall VVM (which you otherwise could not uninstall through loader.exe or DM).
    06-04-10 03:25 PM
    I can't find which cods to remove.

Using BBSAK. How many are they? Can they be removed all at once, or one at a time?
    Last edited by laollis; 06-04-10 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add. question
    06-04-10 03:29 PM
    BBM is easy: your profile shows a 4.6 OS, so Options > Applications > select BBM > BB key > Delete. If you are on 5.0, you will have to download BBM 5.0.57 (OTA: http://www.blackberry.com/messenger) because the stock BBM 5.0.0 that comes with OS 5.0 is an non-deletable (by easy means) Core App. After you install BBM .57, go Options > Applications > Add-on Apps > select BBM > BB key > Delete.

VVM is a bit more complicated. There are two ways. You can use BBSAK to remove all net_rim_bb_vvm .codfiles. However, if you do it this way, anytime you use DM or loader.exe, you will be prompted to upgrade.

The other way is to find the file net_rim_bb_vvm.alx in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/[Your OS Version]/ and open it up in Notepad. Search for "required" and change that item from "true" to "false." Then you can run loader.exe and uninstall VVM (which you otherwise could not uninstall through loader.exe or DM).
    I just upgraded OS 5.0. Having heaps of memory and battery problems. Trying to delete as much as possible to find the cause.
    06-04-10 03:36 PM
    yes they can be deleted all in 1 whack, just let it sit there until the phone reboots and then you can unplug it cuz its done
    06-04-10 03:48 PM
    yes they can be deleted all in 1 whack, just let it sit there until the phone reboots and then you can unplug it cuz its done
    Thank You so much! I got rid of BBM and VVM. My memory went up to 13.5. That's the best it's been in 3 days. Before I upgraded the OS it was always around 21. There is still something wrong with memory and the battery keeps draining. I sure wish RIM would come out with a new Bold...same size but new.
    Again, Thanks for all your help!
    06-04-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD