Hi,

I have tried everything I can think of but for the life of me can't work out if there is a walking mode option in BB Maps. Every time I fetch a route it returns driving directions. Is there an option I am missing or a work around?

I know Google Maps has a walking mode but I like the 'Track up/North up' option on BB Maps and Google Maps doesn't have that.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    11-22-10 10:36 AM
    With BBmaps open press Menu/Start GPS Navigation. Use it in the car and works well. It will even tell you accurately how fast your going in mph. Hope that's what you wanted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 12:19 PM
    With BBmaps open press Menu/Start GPS Navigation. Use it in the car and works well. It will even tell you accurately how fast your going in mph. Hope that's what you wanted.

The OP is asking if BB maps has the option to get walking directions instead of driving directions.
    11-22-10 12:33 PM
    Can't help him there pb. Lol need more coffee!

11-22-10 01:47 PM
    The only thing I can think of is checking the "Avoid Highways" box and check the "Fastest Route" box. Sorry I can't be more help.

11-22-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I may just have to wait till either BB or Google update ther apps so they do what I want them to!
    11-23-10 01:01 PM
    Just ran across a free app in BB app world that has a walking mode. Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called, sorry! I'll try to find it for you.

11-28-10 12:27 PM
    Found it, it's called Wisepilot. The app description sounded like it was just what you need. The biggest down fall is the fact that it is 5.5mb's huge. Hope you got some extra room in your bb! Good luck.

11-28-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD