After downloading and installing VzW's 'Bundle 1739' earlier all seemed well until I noticed my BBM was gone.
    I've looked everywhere and My World (App World) still apparently thinks it's installed and resident. When I highlighted the BBM entry in My World and clicked the menu button I was not presented with any option to uninstall/delete or install.

It seems I have no options and would love to hear any suggestions you may have.

Thanks.
    10-24-11 10:05 PM
    Did you try a batt pull and then remove and reinstall? The update removed my tasks from my calender. Now I have to uncheck the box to not show them, save, check to show and save to get them to show up after a batt pull. Great update-huh! lol Let us know if the batt pull uninstall/reinstall worked.
    10-24-11 11:01 PM
    I did try the battery pull followed by a re-attempt to uninstall the BBM (which only existed in App World's imagination) but no change: still no option to uninstall/delete BBM.

Thanks for the advice all the same.
    10-24-11 11:08 PM
    I figured it out.

By clicking the 'Get Support' button at the bottom of the BBM entry in App World (My World) my browser took me to a page that allowed me to download v 6.0.0.129 and install it over the actually-not-there BBM.
    10-25-11 09:24 PM
    I had the same issue.
    I uninstalled the updated OTA, then I reinstalled it using the desktop software. The update ran in half the time and didn't eat any of my apps. Totally with you on the frustration though!
    10-28-11 12:18 PM
    I updated and didn't have this or any issues at all
    I just noticed that NFC in enabled and the UI is much faster with no waiting timers
    10-28-11 12:22 PM
    Ah deleted BBM is scary!

So installing through the desktop manager is the better way to go?
    10-28-11 12:34 PM
    Ah deleted BBM is scary!

So installing through the desktop manager is the better way to go?
    Thats how I installed mine. It didnt take very long and I didnt have any issues.

Just make sure you're using the latest version of Desktop Manager and you're good to go.

I think its always best to use DM for updates because you can backup everything in case something goes wrong, and it downloads everything much faster.
    10-28-11 12:37 PM
    Thats how I installed mine. It didnt take very long and I didnt have any issues.

Just make sure you're using the latest version of Desktop Manager and you're good to go.

I think its always best to use DM for updates because you can backup everything in case something goes wrong, and it downloads everything much faster.
    yeah good call.

I will do that right now.

Thanks for the tip. My fingers are crossed all goes well =D
    10-28-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD