Howdy,

I loaded the first .713 and immediately noticed that the keyboard wouldn't come up in (non-group) BBM sessions. This is NOT the same issue as the group chat keyboard problem that's been around for a few versions. Specifically, the keyboard won't pop up if you select a BBM from the 'messages' app, forcing you to exit out of that and open the message from BBM itself. No bueno.

I'm wondering if anyone that had this issue with the non-Verizon .713 has loaded the Verizon .713? Is it resolved?

Also - for bonus points, does the Verizon version fix the ugly Opera Mini half-screen bug?

A lot of you will say that the versions are identical and for the most part I believe you, but it's not unheard of for a few little tweaks to only make it into a specific resellers build...
    06-19-10 12:46 AM
    I just went to messages, chose Compose, BBM, that gets me to contacts, I chose a contact, and the keyboard comes right up.
    06-19-10 12:50 AM
    Thanks Dave. That works for me as well. To see the issue I'm trying to describe, show your BBM messages in the inbox (from BBM options) and then try to reply to a BBM from your inbox. Click the "show keyboard" icon or menu item. On the non-VZW .713, the keyboard won't appear.

Also - I've noticed this 3 times now - if I'm composing a BBM and receive a BBM from someone else, the keyboard disappears and the text I had typed goes with it...
    06-19-10 01:00 AM
    "non VZW 713"? you mean a leaked version? I tried what u said, and when I click on the incoming BBM, in Messages, it takes me to the BBM and to get the keyboard to come up I just click in the text box.
    06-19-10 01:06 AM
    Not a leak per se, it's officially released by "TBayTel" a few days ago.

Sounds like it's working for you, which is a good thing. I'll DL and install this weekend. Thanks!
    06-19-10 01:13 AM
    Not a leak per se, it's officially released by "TBayTel" a few days ago.

Sounds like it's working for you, which is a good thing. I'll DL and install this weekend. Thanks!
    sure. good luck with it.
    06-19-10 02:05 AM
    Actually that's the exact issue I had with .607. The BBM beta fixes the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 07:11 AM
    Howdy,

I loaded the first .713 and immediately noticed that the keyboard wouldn't come up in (non-group) BBM sessions. This is NOT the same issue as the group chat keyboard problem that's been around for a few versions. Specifically, the keyboard won't pop up if you select a BBM from the 'messages' app, forcing you to exit out of that and open the message from BBM itself. No bueno.

I'm wondering if anyone that had this issue with the non-Verizon .713 has loaded the Verizon .713? Is it resolved?

Also - for bonus points, does the Verizon version fix the ugly Opera Mini half-screen bug?

A lot of you will say that the versions are identical and for the most part I believe you, but it's not unheard of for a few little tweaks to only make it into a specific resellers build...
    This issue randomly floats between opening the chat from the "messages" app to opening the chat right from the BBM app. A battery pull will temporarily correct the issue. It was present on the .607 as well. As Orange stated the issue appears to be resolved with the 5.0.1.XX betas.
    06-19-10 09:59 AM
    This issue randomly floats between opening the chat from the "messages" app to opening the chat right from the BBM app. A battery pull will temporarily correct the issue. It was present on the .607 as well. As Orange stated the issue appears to be resolved with the 5.0.1.XX betas.
    This post says everything I was going to say and more. I've never used a hybrid so I'm not familiar with them.

I would like to switch my OS from the .607 my S2 came with though. But its such a pain that's the only reason I haven't done it yet.
    06-19-10 10:07 AM
    713 is 713 no matter who releases it. The vendors may add their vendor.xlm file to allow it to load on their devices only, but they do not tweak it.

06-19-10 10:07 AM
    This post says everything I was going to say and more. I've never used a hybrid so I'm not familiar with them.

I would like to switch my OS from the .607 my S2 came with though. But its such a pain that's the only reason I haven't done it yet.
    I don't run "hybrid" OSs. They are not secure IMHO. The good news though is that you don't need to do a hybrid to get .713. Just go to options>advanced options>wireless update and get the updated OS straight from Verizon.
    06-19-10 10:10 AM
    I don't run "hybrid" OSs. They are not secure IMHO. The good news though is that you don't need to do a hybrid to get .713. Just go to options>advanced options>wireless update and get the updated OS straight from Verizon.
    Wow just like that? OTA? Do I have to enter all my registration codes again?
    06-19-10 10:12 AM
    Wow just like that? OTA? Do I have to enter all my registration codes again?
    I have never actually done an OTA upgrade because I am always running the latest and greatest OS that has to be loaded through the computer. I would imagine that you would have to re-enter your codes, but don't hold me to it. I would advise doing the upgrade with the charging cable plugged in though. It is also a good way to figure out what apps you really use and what you hardly use.
    06-19-10 10:15 AM
    Actually that's the exact issue I had with .607. The BBM beta fixes the problem.

This.

Take 5 min to sign up.

06-19-10 10:31 AM
    I have the same issue. I can not open the keyboard from the messages folder. It worked when I first loaded it up but it suddenly stopped working a few hours later. A battery pull fixes it but only for a little while. It's really weird.
    06-19-10 10:19 PM
    This.

Take 5 min to sign up.

I signed up a couple days ago and I have access to the download but haven't received the reg code email. Do you need a code to install?

06-20-10 10:55 AM
    OP here...
    A few days ago I downgraded to Verizon .607, which resolved the issue with the BBM keyboard not popping up when a message was opened from outside the BBM app. Shortly after, I received the wireless upgrade option for Verizons official .713 and pulled the trigger this morning. It took a very long time to complete, but in the end it was worth it.

The BBM keyboard issue is gone and the Opera Mini issue is gone.

Thanks for all the replies!
    06-23-10 04:51 PM
    So you're saying that downgrading is going to fix it?
    I'm on stock 713 from VZW. Is there a direct link to .607? I will downgrade as well..

And when it asks to upgrade, which it won't because I'm in the philippines using this on a GSM carrier, I won't!
    07-15-10 01:10 AM
    Howdy,

Exact same issue with me. For me, it was NOT present on .607 and IS present on both the TbayTel and the official Verizon V.713.

I am waiting for the next leak as i find it extremely annoying.
    07-15-10 11:08 AM
    Howdy,

when it comes 2 d opera mini bug jus rotate the screen n put it bk it would wrk
    02-07-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD