Hey Guys,
    I got a Bold 9700, and the voice dialing app keeps interrupting my media player when i listen to music. It makes me very angry.

I've disabled the voice dialing button and assigned it to something else. But to no avail.

The only way to solve this, is to close my media player then open it again, but next time i play it, it keeps happening.

Can anyone help?
    07-04-10 06:30 PM
    ok so you are saying that when you are listening to music, the voice dialing app automatically starts up? without you pushing any buttons or anything like that?

if thats the case, what OS are you running?

if its anything lower then 5.0.0.586 then i suggest you upgrade the OS...
    07-04-10 07:20 PM
    Ok my OS is 5.0.0.423, i believe. I just got the bloody thing. URGG!
    07-04-10 08:13 PM
    still you didnt answer my other question... is voice dialing coming on all by itself without you touching the phone?
    07-04-10 10:47 PM
    oops sorry,
    Its all by itself when I run media player. Sometimes, when i try to switch songs voice dialing will pop on too.
    07-05-10 12:43 AM
    hmm... do you even use voice dialing? if not i can teach out how to remove it from your phone so you never have to deal with it again....
    07-05-10 12:58 AM
    are you using a bluetooth headset or wired headphones?

if bluetooth, there could be an issue with the remote control functions. this would happen with my BT headset (sometimes pressed the wrong button), so i simply removed Voice Activated Dialing altogether.

if a wired headset, how are you changing tracks? from the volume button, the N and P keys, or from the trackpad using the onscreen controls?

all that asked, i support C_86's suggestion to simply remove the VAD feature if you don't need it, or can't identify the cause.
    07-06-10 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD