Hey everyone,

I got a very strange message (in pink writing) from one of my BBM contacts stating a few things. Among the stranger things was:

"Pins. Please Broadcast this to all your contacts so they know about this techical fault. If you dont Broadcast this message we will reset your blackberry"

"Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill."

Has anyone seen this before?? Was I just spammed on BBM??? Is there anything I should do about it??

WEIRD!!!!
    07-21-11 10:35 PM
    It's just a spam/hoax message. You don't need to do anything, just delete and move on.
    It's NOT true at all, never believe messages that are sent like that or make you send it others.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-11 10:36 PM
    obviously spam...
    don't take anything like that seriously.
    07-22-11 01:01 AM
    Hey everyone,

I got a very strange message (in pink writing) from one of my BBM contacts stating a few things. Among the stranger things was:

"Pins. Please Broadcast this to all your contacts so they know about this techical fault. If you dont Broadcast this message we will reset your blackberry"

"Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill."

Has anyone seen this before?? Was I just spammed on BBM??? Is there anything I should do about it??

WEIRD!!!!
    It's spam. You do not have to do anything with the message.

If I have a contact or contacts who send me that junk, I usually delete him/her from my contact list if he/she does not stop sending that garbage once I inform him/her that it is a hoax.
    07-22-11 01:22 AM
    Hey everyone,

WEIRD!!!!
    The most annoying thing about these mass bbm's is that they make no sense. HTH could something from BBM reset your bb?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 01:45 AM
    The most annoying thing about these mass bbm's is that they make no sense. HTH could something from BBM reset your bb?

OP, the reason the message is in pink (red perhaps?) would be because the sender sent it to your handsets PIN. Ignore the message. It is spam. As others have already stated, just tell the sender that it is spam and to cease and desist all future forwarding of nonsense. (Cease and desist, I like that!)

SCRid2000

Remote wipe of a BB?

Admins on a BES server are able to action a remote wipe, for instance if one of our "work" BB's is stolen we can wipe it so that corporate information doesnt fall into the wrong hands. I suspect that the same may be done on a BIS server should an Admin wish to, BUT all the information about your handset is hardwired into it and available on the central servers so never, ever, ever give out your PIN or passwords to anyone.
    07-22-11 02:09 AM
    OP, the reason the message is in pink (red perhaps?) would be because the sender sent it to your handsets PIN. Ignore the message. It is spam. As others have already stated, just tell the sender that it is spam and to cease and desist all future forwarding of nonsense. (Cease and desist, I like that!)

SCRid2000

Remote wipe of a BB?

Admins on a BES server are able to action a remote wipe, for instance if one of our "work" BB's is stolen we can wipe it so that corporate information doesnt fall into the wrong hands. I suspect that the same may be done on a BIS server should an Admin wish to, BUT all the information about your handset is hardwired into it and available on the central servers so never, ever, ever give out your PIN or passwords to anyone.
    Lol, yes a bes admin can do this for security reasons, but not over bbm. And it's possible to wipe your bb remotely with bb protect on bis. But it can't be done via pin or via bbm.

07-22-11 02:15 AM
    someone edited a message that has been floating around on BBM for more than 2 years. Don't let it disturb your morning Cheerios. You're gonna be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD