I have noticed that ever since the official Verizon OS 6 upgrade, my bold loses radio signal and goes in to "searching for network" when charging. I also receive several blackberry registrations during this time.
    Has anyone else had this issue? I did several battery pulls with no luck.
    01-31-11 06:08 AM
    You may want to wipe and reinstall OS. You need to call Verizon and discuss it with their Tech Support. You could have a bad radio and the phone needs replaced. My reception does not change when charging.
    01-31-11 06:36 AM
    What s/he said. I agree, there appears to be one of two problems, bum installatio of the radio file, it happens or your radio has gone on the fritz.

I kinda tend toward the corrupted files in your install and believe that a wipe and re-install is the most logical solution. If that doesn't solve the problem I would then contact vzw CSRs and see about getting a replacement device. If wipe/re-install doesn't fix it, I seriously doubt that they have any ideas that would. IF you ahve to call them, be sure to tell them up front all the things you have done to resolve your issue, hopefully, you get a csr with some inteligence that won't sit there and tell you that a wipe/re-install might just be the solution to your problem.
    01-31-11 07:13 AM
    Yes others have had this with OS5 too. Most have called CS to get them replaced.
    01-31-11 08:21 AM
    I had that problem with OS5. But OS6 seems to have fixed that problem for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 10:29 AM
    Id try checking your bedside mode settings before a wipe and reinstall. Make sure the disable radio box isn't checked
    01-31-11 10:41 AM
    A friend of mine has had this same issue w/OS5 AND OS6. Try contacting Verizon & let them know. They might replace it for you.

Does it do this just at your home or other places as well?
    01-31-11 02:16 PM
    Re-installing the OS fixed many of my glitches.
    01-31-11 02:21 PM
    I have 3-4 bars of service at home, but as soon as it is plugged into the charger it loses service. Generally it works great except for this issue. Going to give Big Red a jingle.
    01-31-11 08:53 PM
    I have 3-4 bars of service at home, but as soon as it is plugged into the charger it loses service. Generally it works great except for this issue. Going to give Big Red a jingle.
    Thats the best thing to do. Tell them that you updated your roaming capabilities & pulled the battery as well and it didn't work!

Good luck!!
    Last edited by blackberryaddict85; 01-31-11 at 10:53 PM.
    01-31-11 09:14 PM
    Plugged into the charger the signal is gone. and I get 4 or 5 Blackberry Registrations after each charge. Works fine but have hugh battery use issue. Man these things are constantly needing attention. That I Phone is looking better all the time and I love my BB but this crap is getting old.
    01-31-11 10:38 PM
    So I called Verizon last night. Rep said he had heard of this issue during the day yesterday and put me on hold to call blackberry tech support to see if they had a resolution. After a brief hold, he got back on the line and said Blackberry has received a lot of calls and that this is a known problem. The only suggestion they had was downgrade to OS 5 and then upgrade back up to OS 6, and if this did not work they would send a replacement phone. So I went through the motions. Guess what.....plug in the charger....."searching for network" Anyone else have a idea on how to resolve this?
    02-01-11 05:35 AM
    Just keep getting a replacement until you get one that works or get a different phone all together... You think that blackberry would have a better fix for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 01:08 PM
    I too have this issue. I thought it was just a os 5 bug but it still does this in 6.0. I use a different charger than than a blackberry. I have tried different blackberry branded chargers but none would work. I then used an old chocolate touch charger and it works fine. Mine will also charge fine through a usb on a computer. I also use a plug in charger that has a back up battery if you get in a bind with no power it has two usb ports that purchased at walmart and it works fine. Don't claim to know what the root cause is could be a voltage issue but those things work for me.
    02-01-11 01:38 PM
    I've just found I have the same issue but only with 2 identical Verizon sold chargers. If I use other non Verizon USB chargers I have no loss of signal. Strange...
    09-04-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD