After the download of the new OS V5.0 I am having the following issues with regard to SMS & BBM .

Let's say that John is one of my BBM contacts. If John sends me an SMS text message I do not receive a notification that I have a new SMS (as previously would happen). Instead it shows up as a new BBM. Vice versa if I send John an SMS it appears as being sent in BBM. This only seems to happen in the case where a BBM contact of mine sends me an SMS.

This problem has only occured since the recent OS update. To make matters even more complex I did the software download the exact same way on my wifes BB and her SMS & BBM have not changed. Her SMS messages come ascroos as SMS messages and her BBm come across as BBM.

Any ideas or suggestions.
    04-07-10 12:23 PM
    I am not positive about this but there might be an option for what is happening to you in either bbm or sms. Check that out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 04:56 PM
    You need to go into BlackBerry Messenger, highlight the contact this is happening with, press Menu and Remove Contacts Link.

04-07-10 05:39 PM
    This v5 stinks...the upgrade wiped out my folders and deleted my pictures. Text messages look like running chats. Ready to give up the Berry & try out a Droid.
    04-07-10 06:37 PM
    This v5 stinks...the upgrade wiped out my folders and deleted my pictures. Text messages look like running chats. Ready to give up the Berry & try out a Droid.
    I keep all my pics on the memory card. As far as sms and running chats, thats called threaded sms. You can play with the sms options, there's 3 choices and you can have it the old way... Don't bail on the berry...
    04-07-10 07:07 PM
    I am running a new Beta OS for BBM and they have included an option to fix this problem if you receive or send a text to someone that is also in your BBM contact list. Right now the only fix on the older versions is to remove the contact link in BBM.
    04-07-10 07:24 PM
    If the threaded text is the only gripe you have about the new OS, then going to the Droid will not help you. It has threaded text also. Most of the newer mobile platforms have it. I had it on my previous phone (Palm Treo), and that was the one thing that I really missed when switching to the Tour. I'm glad to have it back.
    04-08-10 08:05 AM
    if u dont like threaded text idk what to tell you! threaded text is way better than the old school single messge views... I would much rather see the whole conversation than just what he said/i said
    04-08-10 06:33 PM
    So I was having the same problem. My SMS messages were showing up in my BBM messages, which was very annoying. So I removed the contacts link which was suggested above, and now her contact profile picture is gone? Anyway to get that back without receiving the sms messages?
    05-20-10 08:53 PM
    which version of 5.0 you having problems.
    hopefully will be fixed soon
    05-21-10 02:43 AM
    . You can play with the sms options, there's 3 choices and you can have it the old way... Don't bail on the berry...

I may well be a bit stuck in my ways but I really like the old way of texting - when I was replying to messages I could still see what the previous person had said and it was nice and simple an easy to read. I would love to be able to make it go back to the way it was but I cannot for the life of me work out how I do that! Could you help me please? I've worked out how to change the conversation style (bubbles or stripes) but neither option make it look the way it used to!

Thanks
    07-24-10 12:52 PM
    You cannot. That's all there is.

07-26-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD