I'm starting this thread for those of us who are a bit more adventurous with our berries and looking either to get more out of the device o/ndr just curious about work things work.

If you have debranded (seems popular in the AT&T Bold community) your berry or used the Escreen code generator to get to your escreen kindly post here what you have discovered.

Warning: I'm NO expert on this and if you have your escreen unlocked i strongly suggest you don't go changing up options in there willy nilly. I personally don't know what will happen by hey you never know so be careful.

I'll start first.

JVM Engineering Screens: Shows RAM, Flash memory and how much is being used at the time, Pressing the menu key you can

Quick GC (garbage collection)

Full GC

Thorough GC

File system clean (didn't touch this)

Mobile Network Engineering Screens:Cell signal info etc

Cell information: You can see what band you're running on and choose which band want to use (GSM 850. EGSM 900, DCS 1800, PCS 1900, GSM 850_PCS, EGSM_DCS and ALL.) Choosing any other other option than my carrier band made me lose my data connection.

Neighbor cells: Showed cell towers and you can select and lock onto any tower shown.

OS Engineering Screens: Build info

Showed Platform, OS version (funny i'm running 5.0.0.130 and this says 5.2.0.3)

OS Build Date: Looks like 5.0.0.130 for the 8900 was finished/started on June 23rd 2009, 03:30:08

Also shows the OS build user (don't know if thats a good thing)

Device Info: First option i don't get but shows, device secure: Yes ROM version, (none detected) Chip type, Network and device features.

Battery Engineering Screens.

You can monitor/change charge rate. In the Core Frequency Screen you can select an option to have the device processor run faster but it always resets itself.

You can only deactivate the radio and power off the device. Those are my discoveries. Feel free to post yours.

Oh forgive any typos it's 6.30AM and i have yet to sleep. Oh if you know about the Escreen and other tips that will help please feel free to post em

Thanks
    07-28-09 06:35 AM
    Awww come on! No one?
    07-31-09 03:10 AM
    hey nobody wants to get in on this...
    I noticed a screen saying something long the lines of download or network throttling...
    08-19-09 11:49 PM
    Thanks for the tips so far.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 12:07 AM
    but I can't help but mess around with these new-found options. Thanks, Bajanbastard, for boldly going where noone else on the CB forums seems to have (well, I guess I didn't really verify that...) Will post back after I've bricked/trashed/f**ked my Tour, which has been running sooo well lately. The compulsive gadget freak's curse....
    10-29-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD