Hey guys,

I have an iPhone with the DataPro 2GB plan, and I want to use a BlackBerry with it, but with no data. Basically, all I want to do is get a BlackBerry from my friend, associate my DataPro plan with it, and turn off the network radio and only use BBM over wi-fi.

I'm also willing to pay for another line of DataPlus 250MB if that's more legit.

So in a nutshell: have DataPro for iPhone, want to use BBM with just wi-fi, but I know you need an active BIS account to use BBM over wi-fi. Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks! Mark
    09-21-10 02:01 PM
    For the 2nd phone, just pay 15 a month for the 250 mb plan. You can't use BBM unless you have BIS.
    09-21-10 02:20 PM
    For the 2nd phone, just pay 15 a month for the 250 mb plan. You can't use BBM unless you have BIS.
    Yeah. I called AT&T and they said I can't use a BlackBerry without a voice plan.
    09-21-10 03:01 PM
    You have to have a BIS account, since you are trying to use RIM's servers. The only way BBM is going to know how to communicate with your BB (via PIN) is if the PIN is registered.

Unfortunately, unless you can provide documents that say you are deaf, AT&T will require some sort of voice plan with the data connection. For legally-hearing impaired, they do offer data-only plans. Most carriers operate this way.
    09-21-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD