I decided to try to use bbm for my SMS messages instead of crunchsms. The messages come through and everything, but I can't get led notifiers to clear unless I open the standard blackberry text messaging. I did a few searches and didn't find anything specfic to this. I know in bebuzz you can set it to cancel on trackpad/keyboard activity but I'd like it to stay on until I check it. Any ideas? I have bbm option set to "show text messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 02:35 PM
    I may be wrong here, but I don't think third party apps have access to some or all of the features of BBM. Might be a security thing.
    11-11-11 03:17 PM
    I wanna know how you use it for SMS and MMS :S I dont see how you can integrate your networks SMS into it. Or am I missing something here?
    11-11-11 04:43 PM
    Sorry to ride on the thread a little, but I have a similar issue with bebuzz and my text messaging.

I too cant clear my LED notification for my text messages from the notification screen on the home screen. The LED will only be cleared if I open the text messages folder. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    11-13-11 01:30 AM
    gin553 this happens to me also, if I view a message from the drop down menu on the home screen, the LED carries on flashing until I open the SMS icon. Saying that though I think it only does this 9 times out of 10, I'm sure sometimes it has stopped without me opening the icon.

toy4mud I think robsteve is correct and its something to do with the fact that BeBuzz can't access BBM contacts (hence you can't customise BBM contact's LED only BBM as a whole. So BeBuzz probably sees it as though you haven't read the message because you accessed it through BBM, you could try setting the contacts LED to 'off' for SMS. BBM should still notify you with it's LED.

zgods1 BBM has an option to add an SMS contact from your address book, this means that they appear in your BBM contact list and when they text you the message will come through via BBM, you don't get the R and D obviously as it's an SMS. I think the main reason for it is for people who like to keep all their contacts chats in one place/application.

11-13-11 03:35 AM
    gin553 this happens to me also, if I view a message from the drop down menu on the home screen, the LED carries on flashing until I open the SMS icon. Saying that though I think it only does this 9 times out of 10, I'm sure sometimes it has stopped without me opening the icon.
    My LEDs are set to blink until I clear the notification. So it will blink perpetually till I open my text folder. Anyone else having this issue?
    11-13-11 09:22 AM
    Yeah, I didn't really explain very well, that is exactly the issue I have. For speed I often use the drop down menu (below the clock on the home screen) to view a text, therefore it's read so the LED should stop, but it doesn't, until I open the text folder. I don't know of a fix.

11-13-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD