My boyfriend just got to Shanghai, China and he is trying to use BBM and for some reason it is not working. He is using At&t and has purchases a international data plan so it should somehow work. Any tips or advice on why and how to get bbm to work? Thanks!
    12-26-09 08:02 AM
    trying turning off the phone and turning it back on.. if that doesnt work.. try reconfig it the connections.. it just might not be registering on the system..
    12-26-09 10:17 AM
    Wonder if he'll incur high fee? Would it be cheaper if he bought a prepaid MiFi plan in the states, and relied on WIFI as signal for his phone?
    12-26-09 02:32 PM
    You are supposed to provide answers, not questions.
    12-26-09 03:22 PM
    Do a battery pull and it should work. If not check if he is getting reception, in China, he should be picking up China Mobile or China Telecom. If he is not getting either go to manage connections and manually select either company. Recently TMO activated my phone incorrectly so once I arrived in China it was not working, I had to call tech support from China through a conference call with a friend in the USA.
    12-26-09 03:56 PM
    thanks so much he pulled the battery and after an hour it just started working, some spots of China don't give a good signal so he can not bbm but other than that it usually works, thanks everyone!
    12-27-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD