I have a BBM/Email plan on my Bold 9000 from Bell, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get the browser to work using only that plan?

Right now if I load up a page I get a 403 Forbidden error.

I'm not really interested in paying so much more and having to sign a term just to get a slice of data and be able to use the browser, so is there any way to get the browser to work with the plan I have right now?
    09-19-10 05:58 PM
    if you have a bbm/email plan then you have a bis plan so you have access to the browser as well. check to make sure the browser is pointing to the internet browser in the options
    09-19-10 06:36 PM
    if you have a bbm/email plan then you have a bis plan so you have access to the browser as well. check to make sure the browser is pointing to the internet browser in the options
    Checked that, its defaulted to Bell mobile browser. The only other option is hotspot browser.

I have BIS but only the Email/BBM portion, I don't know how they block off the ability to get to the browser. I have seen things for Tmobile where you can do this but I can't find that link and I haven't found anything that relates to bell.
    09-19-10 06:49 PM
    Anyone?

I'm finding it really weird that even though I have a apps provision in this, the apps themselves are hit or miss.
    09-19-10 09:23 PM
    You will not be able to use the browser, its permissions are locked in the service books.

You will not get the browser service books until you get a full BIS plan, then 'Internet Browser' in your browser options will appear, as well as a 'Browser' Icon. The hotspot browser and bell mobile browser are not what you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Fubaz; 09-19-10 at 11:23 PM.
    09-19-10 11:21 PM
    You will not be able to use the browser, its permissions are locked in the service books.

You will not get the browser service books until you get a full BIS plan, then 'Internet Browser' in your browser options will appear, as well as a 'Browser' Icon. The hotspot browser and bell mobile browser are not what you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Figured as much, I called Bell to find out exactly what my plan had, and its Email/BBM only. A few random apps work if I set apn to inet.bell.ca but other then that nothing else.

Sucks since I am not in the mood to pay more to get the data. My cheapness is amazing.
    09-20-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD