Hey all. I'm moving from my current BlackBerry to a newer BlackBerry device. I was wondering is there an alternative to the painstaking process of dialling in my BlackBerry Messenger Contacts once again?
    11-13-09 11:02 AM
    Oh yeah, just use DM and to a back up of your current bberry. Then connect your new one and do a restore on it. All your bbm contacts will rollover
    11-13-09 11:23 AM
    You can also save your BBM contact list to the media card. Just go into messenger, press BB button, and it should say Back Up Contact List.
    11-13-09 12:17 PM
    This will then add all of my old contacts into my new BBM? I presume though that my bbm contacts will have to manually delete my old bbm contact? Is there anything inherently wrong with backing up a model of BlackBerry and restoring onto a different model? I'm afraid of "mucking up" stuff by moving unecessary "trash" such as crash logs and device-specific files from the system.
    11-20-09 09:18 AM
    Also, what happens if you delete a contact, can they see?
    11-20-09 09:37 AM
    they won't see you in their contact list anymore....

I found the remote backup feature really cool....you can select one email account to back up to....when you then reopen BBM on the new BB, you will see a link "restore contacts"...click on it even before you enter your name or anything else....it will then ask you to choose the option, choose remote and then the email address you previously backed up to....now I use yahoo mail, so I get an instant push when BBM sends an email out...which it will...and viola, that kicks off the restore process. I like this since memory cards can get corrupted over time....
    Last edited by kazmi; 11-20-09 at 10:53 AM.
    11-20-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD