I know that everyone already knows that a vast majority of users are having problems with bbm groups on .607. Lyricidal has two fixes for this problem (these are both tested and approved by him himself, nice work btw if you read this lyr. ) first one is a FULL java swap from 9650 os .601. i havent tried it myself because i get an installation error (all on my end) and i have to get that figured out first. second option is lyricidal will be releasing a hybrid with the necessary files to fix the problem. either tonight or tomorrow he said (and if he doesnt get it out, dont flame lol)

if you need the 9650 os, head on over to bbhybrids.net and its on the front page there, or else keep an eye out for lyr's new hybrid on there also!

EDIT: the new bbm beta does also fix the keyboard bug in the full .607 os just fyi
    Last edited by wittwizard07; 04-05-10 at 03:31 PM.
    04-05-10 10:38 AM
    Quick and dirty fix, to bring up the keyboard while in group chat, press BB button, select new chat, which will cause the keyboard to suddenly appear, cancel new chat, keyboard stays and can be used, BUT will disappear again so you will need to keep doing it. Hybrid way is probably better, BUT if you don't want to mess with a hybrid my fix does work.
    04-05-10 11:01 AM
    ya i heard about that fix and tried it but it didnt work for me so ive been stuck waiting for lyr to come up with a hybrid for it. but he was partying all weekend with @irtehun and @mattyg (bbm admins) lol
    04-05-10 11:17 AM
    It's occurred to me that people seem to be making this much more complicated than it needs to be.

I had the same issue and tried using the "shortcut" that PK referred to, but I got annoyed with the keyboard disappearing. So, I just downloaded/installed BBM (5.0.0.57) from App World and it works fine. A jump in version from .57 to .66 isn't that big and I still haven't noticed anything missing (other than the annoying kb bug).

So forget all these workarounds and hybrids... Just download the latest, official BBM from RIM and all will be well again. Hopefully, the bug will be fixed when they finally release the official OS.

Cheers!
    04-05-10 05:21 PM
    The 5.0.1.5 beta seems to be out. Does anyone try to install it and see if this bug has been fixed?
    04-05-10 05:37 PM
    Apparently it has been.
    04-05-10 05:39 PM
    The 5.0.1.5 beta seems to be out. Does anyone try to install it and see if this bug has been fixed?
    OH, it's fixed, but they have given each user an activation code for BBM that is linked to your pin so I don't see it spreading to the masses anytime soon unless you are a beta tester, fortunately I signed up 2 weeks ago and am using the new BBM
    04-05-10 06:46 PM
    I was told that the bug was with BBM .66 and they are now installing it with BBM .65. So no problems.
    04-05-10 06:48 PM
    i am pretty sure people reported the same problems with .57 too..otherwise it would be an easy fix just to run the BBM .57 instead of 66
    04-05-10 06:50 PM
    so where do you get the beta?
    04-05-10 07:26 PM
    its part of the blackberry beta program that went live a couple weeks ago. you cant now i dont think they have any spots available
    04-05-10 07:35 PM
    One fix I found was to leave the group and come back hit the keyboard logo show then hide.Worked like a charm for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 08:13 PM
    One fix I found was to leave the group and come back hit the keyboard logo show then hide.Worked like a charm for me!

well not for the majority of us.
    04-05-10 08:20 PM
    i am pretty sure people reported the same problems with .57 too..otherwise it would be an easy fix just to run the BBM .57 instead of 66
    I haven't seen any complaints with .57 (not that I've paid very close attention). However, it's worked like a charm for me and thought it's at least another option for people to try.

04-05-10 10:08 PM
    The bug is fixed in the beta
    04-05-10 10:13 PM
    Yay for the beta this os still stinks an vzw shouldn't have released it!

04-05-10 10:18 PM
    yes it does still exist in .57....i didnt pick up on the bug at first but then it hit me a few days later....
    04-05-10 11:10 PM
    Sounded to me as though there was something in the form of a patch coming for 607. But does anyone know if the vpn issue was resolved??

04-05-10 11:21 PM
    I'm having the problem of not being able to open the keyboard in a bbm chat if i open in my messages box. It will only open if I open the chat through bbm. Anyone else having this issue and know what the fix is?
    04-08-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD